“Nice snack food, service was a little lacking.” 3 of 5 stars

(03) 573-5650
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 33 restaurants in Picton
Brighton, UK
“Nice snack food, service was a little lacking.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Grabbed a bite to takeaway in our way to a cruise. Food was nice and fresh and pretty tasty. Was lacking in the service department though with staff who didn't appear to want to be there.

Visited March 2013

53% Recommend
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great name, great people. I love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent about 3 months living in Picton whilst away travelling, and I haven't s single bad word to say about this place. I got to know the owners well and they employed my girlfriend as a waitress. They treated both of us so well and they were both so generous during our stay, whenever I ate at the cafe it was always spot on, and I just loved the quirky decor inside. I would recommend this great place to anyone and truly hope they have continued success. The heart of Picton!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Picton, Marlborough, New Zealand
“For a change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Called in for breakfast, a change from our usual and glad we did the food is good and good value, i really enjoyed the breakfast, anymore on the plate and it would have been to much and the service is good too.
Will call again without doubt.

Levin, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
“Overpriced and underdelivered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I was really looking forward to the blue cod but had to send it back, both mine and my partners as it was cold. Intetestingly, they gave us our salads back and the fish came separately. And to make it worse, when the fish came back both of our fish was still cold part way through. Steak was overcooked but kids chicken Nuggetts were Cooked well.

On a positive note, the 2 young girls were very friendly. But that's the nicest thing I can say.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nelson, New Zealand
“Just Great, Down Home Cookin'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We ate here the very first time in Picton. The staff have been there forever and really know how to make someone welcome. No pretensions, just great food served hot.

Visited August 2011