“Excellent service, clean and good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway Motel Picton Accommodation

You added Gateway Motel Picton Accommodation to your Saves list
Gateway Motel Picton Accommodation
32 High Street (Main Street), Picton, New Zealand (Formerly Americano Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Picton
Saratoga, California
“Excellent service, clean and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We checked in late on Sunday night and restaurants in town are closed. Much to our surprise the owner fixed us a meal with local seafood - for free! The room is clean, close to shops/restaurants in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
levin horowhenua newzealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

my husband and i highly recommend this accommodation for anyone visiting the picton for a night or two the service from chris and kerri is impeccable being right in the centre of picton it is so close to the marinas and shopping an restaurants and walking distance to thr interislander ferries. the rooms ere clean and very comfortable thank you to chris and kerri for your hospitality.
from brent and jackie carter

Moss Vale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

A really nice motel, very clean and tidy and the staff were so friendly and helpful. It was also very good value for money as they gave me a discount for staying more than 1 night, I had a little kitchen which had everything I needed to cook simple meals, free internet and for a motel it was really spacious. Also, it was right in the middle of town. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at the Gateway Motel in Picton and I enjoyed my stay that I will be back. The friendly reception by Chris & Kerri when I arrived put me in the right mood for my stay & the condition of my room was excellent. They were very helpful with any help I needed & Kent who is taking over the place was great to talk to & also very friendly & helpful. They made me feel very welcome & have a good laugh with them too.
They do make you want to come back & I will better all my friends & family know that if in Picton then that's the place to stay..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a top excellent hotel. I have been in many hotels in the west and Europe and I would
rate it very highly. It is not only about the place being clean, comfortable, and upgraded for no reason.
It is about the commitment of the people running it Chris Kent, Kerri. They help you with your requests.
We had a problem with booked track. They not only helped us sort it out – they gave us lift, explained to us, provided alternative that worked. In addition, all their help comes with dedication, you do not feel you are burdening them. So, it is not about the free wifi (which for us was very important) and not about free ride from the train station – just really feeling at home and taken care of. Recommend the Gateway
very much. It is just at the heart of Picton, two steps from the boats and Queen Charlotte tracks.

Room Tip: Just talk to Chris, the manager owner and you get one better than you booked (:
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

What a fantastic place to say with awesome people. We book in 8 truck drivers at last minutes notice nothing was a hassle. We stay there for a week Chris & Kerri (Kent) made our stay feel like it was home away from home. They worked the cleaning around our shifts. Motel is in walking distance to anything you need
So makes it easy for people that have no transport. I would fully recommend the gateway motel to anyone.

Thanks guys for having us look forward to the next time we stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Gateway Motel while travelling through Picton. The hostess, host, and staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We had studio unit, which was very well equipped, clean, and comfortable. The location of the motel in Picton was ideal--right on the main street with ample restaurants and shops, with the bus stops, ferry terminals, and water only minutes away. We were incredibly happy with out experience, and highly recommend the Gateway Motel to anyone planning on a stay in Picton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gateway Motel Picton Accommodation? Share your experiences!