“We liked” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Motueka, New Zealand
“We liked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just wished there had been a few more people there but hey we enjoyed our self the food was fresh the staff were friendly the price was good thank you we will be back

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand
“I've never had a ruder experience with restaurant staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

On my birthday, I was quite excited to go to Koru. My family was to meet me there for a birthday dinner. I arrived about 15 minutes before my family, and I went upstairs to use the restroom. When I came back down, I stepped outside to meet my family. The (waitress, I'm assuming?) stopped me on the way out. She told me that it was incredibly rude to use the bathroom when I hadn't yet paid for a meal, and told me to never again do this in New Zealand. Needless to say, I was so embarrassed that I asked my family to choose a different restaurant. I've never felt so insulted, and on my birthday of all days. She really wrecked my evening. There are enough choices for decent restaurants in Picton, that the staff really should reconsider before they treat their customers this way. I had a lovely meal across the street instead.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent fresh seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was a shame that there weren't more patrons. It's a lovely place with fold back glass doors to let in the balmy breeze.
We liked the food and the wine list.
Tried a few of the cafes, and this was v.good. Because we stayed at Kippilaw House, we received a discount on our food and drink.

Visited April 2013
Koblenz, Germany
“Excellent food, chatty staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Actually we had pork belly and ribeye steak, but the food was terrific. We had a very good chat with the Canadian waiter who made us feel at home. Warmly recommended!

Visited February 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went to Picton the night before Good Friday. The town is already full of tourists. We had read the review on this websit before we actually went to have dinner, it turns out nobody at the restaurant except one couple. We saw some restaurants at the water front are full of people, even a few restaurants near this one are quite crowded. We think there must be a reason. Anyway, we tried the seafood platter, it turns out to be average. That may explain a lot.

• Visited March 2013