“Lovely location to wait for the ferry ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 37 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Local NZ seafood and wines, beers with a nautical theme and piano bar with view to waterfront and Queen Charloote Sound
Waterford, Ireland
“Lovely location to wait for the ferry ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stopped at the Seabreeze Café and Bar, Picton to have done breakfast while we waited for the ferry. Service was excellent and very helpful. We ordered some Tea and Toast which was very nice. Would like to cone back and listen to the piano which looks like an evening dinner setup. Overall a perfect location to wait for the ferry with a great view.

Wellington, New Zealand
“lovely location, but not a great experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

It’s a lovely looking café, bright, great views, great location on the main street. The atmosphere in the café was nice, lots of space and clean. There was a nice hum to the place.

They offer counter food, and a hot food menu. Standard café fare. And a selection of hot and cold drinks as you’d expect.

The service at the counter was pretty prompt and friendly.

We went in on a Thursday afternoon for a late lunch. We had a couple of toasted sandwiches and corn fritters, as well as a coffee.

The toasted sandwiches were OK, as was the coffee. My son had the corn fritters, which looked great, but were a bit bland. Thanks goodness for the chilli sauce. My son thought that the salad looked great, but he wouldn’t eat it as he found a slug in it!

This is not that uncommon, I reckon. I have accidently left unwanted protein on veges when I cook at home. So, I thought long and hard about mentioning the slug this in this review. I did not want to unreasonably harm the café. But having read some of the other reviews, and considering the way that the staff reacted to this, I concluded that this needed a mention.

When we first found the slug, I wanted to ask for a replacement the meal. But my son wasn’t too bothered, he ate the corn fritters, but left the salad. This was a real shame because he said that the salad looked great. My wife took the slug and the leaf it was on the to staff member at the counter. They were horrified, but did not offer to replace the meal, or a refund or discount. Or even come over to apologise.

This illustration of the lack of respect for the customer needs to be mentioned.

We were in Picton for 3 days. We did not return to the café.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Picton, New Zealand
“Quality with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have enjoyed everything from a coffee and muffin to a full meal. It doesn't matter what the weather is - lovely summer day to cold, wet and windy there is a great view of the harbor and beyond to enjoy inside or out in the fresh air. The quantity is 'just right' and the service friendly and prompt. (:

Visited July 2014
west midlands
“Cafe with a view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This busy cafe has a prime position overlooking the harbour at Picton. Great place to watch the interislander docking.
As I was only in need of a small meal I chose the seafood chowder ($22)which came with toasted ciabatta. My husband opted for the lamb chops with mash & veg($32). A trio of ice cream completed the meal. All food was very good and worth the money. The view & atmosphere made it especially nice.

Visited February 2014
woodford
“busy cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had the fish cakes, they were awesome.A busy cafe. Try the thickshakes, I had raspberry, it was devine, not too rich.
I would go again.