“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was told that this restaurant has fantastic food, however I am unable to comment. When I arrived at the restaurant it was very busy but there were tables available outside. Whilst waiting to be served I was ignored twice by a staff member. When someone did serve me, they searched around for a table and then said that no tables were available and that I could dine in the bar. I thanked the staff member but declined the offer to dine in the bar and turned to leave. The staff member then tried to state that the bar was a very nice area, I again declined. The staff member then said that there were tables available outside - why had a table outside not been offered before the bar area? I began to walk out and the staff member said that he had not offered me a table outside because I might be cold - surely that is my decision to make. I felt that because I was a solo diner they did not wish to seat me outside and would rather shove me in the bar area. I left the restaurant without trying anything and will not return.

• Visited March 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm orginally from the UK and grew up loving Indian food.

I also go to India about twice a year and so I hope I know what's good and what's not.

I thought the food here was superb. It's not cheap but I'd happily pay for this quality of food - some of the best Indian food I've had outside India.

I had tandoori chicken tikka starter which was moist with subtle turmeric flavours and a lovely mint sauce. Main course was prawn masala which was knockout.

My only regret was that I didn't go back the next night. I tried somewhere else in town which wasn't any where near as good.

Visited March 2014
Perth, Australia
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I found the food extremely overpriced for the quality. There are far better Indian Restaurants in Perth with lower prices. The service was not that good. Considering the restaurant was not overbooked, it took a while to be able to order our drinks. The ambient noise is difficult talk over. I have found better restaurants than this one and will not be a return customer.

Visited January 2014
“Best Indian food I've had in ages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ordered 2 vegetarian dishes
And the eggplant prakoras. All were delicious as was the garlic naan. Very friendly and attentive service. Classy Indian restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chiristchurch
“Extremely disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Considering this restaurant has supposedly won many awards , I was expecting great things. However, I found the food to be overpriced, bland and the portions were really small. I would definitely not revisit and could not recommend the place.

• Visited June 2013