“Great food minimal service.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 201 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
perth
“Great food minimal service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We were celebrating a special occassion and were disappointed with the service. I had read only the week before in our paper how attentive and spot on the service was here and found it quite the opposite. The waiter initially rushed us to order moments after sitting down and then it was difficult to get his attention when we were ready. We had no one come back to offer drinks or check on us until our plates were cleared away.
Although the service was lacking the food was excellent. We had a salad and mussels for entree both were wonderful and we had steaks for a main and they were both cooked perfectly with excellent flavour. If you are looking for great food this place has it. If it is service you want try somewhere else.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Unbelievable Kangaroo Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Unbelievable Kangaroo Steaks!

“The best restaurant in Freo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

I have dined at Char Char about 20 times and I keep on going back!!! Staff is super accommodationg and friendly. You will even be greeted with a smile when you turn up with a supersized pram 45 min late for a friday night booking!!!
Nothing is too hard for the staff at this establishment!!! The steaks are just perfect (see photo). I love sitting in the lounge area w a Cosmopolitan if we are a bit ealy for our booking!! Wine list is excellent too -- and staff is always willing to recommend and match wine w food if you request!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Overall pretty poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Turned up without a reservation on a Wednesday night and waited for about 15 minutes for a table. No issues and the main host was very accommodating. Encountered 4 wait staff during our meal but 1 in particular really did not want to be there and ruined the entire evening for us. She was rude to the point that I complained after the meal which is very unusual. The food was ok but not worthy of the price tags. My medium steak was well under cooked and the entree of prawns and scallops was fairly tasteless. The host and the waitress delivering the food did stand out and are assets to the establishment.
Overall surprised this place is rated so highly. The pub food we had at Little Creatures the following evening was much more impressive and at a fraction of the cost.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyable and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Actually ate in this restaurant twice because of its atmosphere. For me, white tablecloths and silver service beat undressed tables any day. Plus it wasn't noisy and the tables weren't squished together. The food was excellent. I'm quite fussy with my steaks and there wasn't a problem on either occasion. My husband had lamb on the second evening, which was a little rare. The waiter explained that's how the chef likes to serve it. If it were me, I would've sent it back, but hubby was okay with it. Service was very good, glasses clean, outlook nice; all-in-all very pleasant indeed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere