“That Old-Fashioned Italian Eating Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fremantle, Australia
“That Old-Fashioned Italian Eating Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Good Points:
-for fresh Italian seafood, this is the place ---> SPIEDINI recommended if you love the freshest prawns, scallops, etc.
-service from staff efficient and friendly
-atmosphere a little crowded but vibrant and cozy
-prices on menu not over the top
-BYO but for wine only

Not So Good Points:
-long lineups if you get there after 7-8 PM Saturdays
-their bread could use a revamping (too hard, dry and bland)
-sometimes one can feel a bit rushed to finish up and leave

Visited March 2013

“Great Traditional Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

In these days of "modern Italian" pretentious food offerings it is great to find an authentic traditional Italian Eatery.
Service was efficient and friendly and although the surroundings are a bit austere, the food is fabulous.
Free soup for all diners, if they want it.
Excellent veal Marsala, veal scollopine and penne.
Can't wait to return.

Visited June 2013
Perth, Australia
“Will appeal to many, but not to me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a real old-school restaurant - simple Italian cooking, retro decor, unpretentious atmosphere.

You get free soup and bread to start - our minestrone was ok, but free so no complaints!

The best thing is how cheap a side plate of pasta is with your main course. A side of spaghetti bolognese is only $2.50. Spaghetti marinara side $5.50.

I thought our meals were ok, but nothing great. But can see that the style will appeal to some.

Visited May 2013
“Dissapointed but good service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was probably led here with higher expectations than the place merited due to the reviews I had read. We had the seafood marinara and the veal scallopine marsala and although the sauce in the pasta was tasty, the seafood wasn't fresh and the flavours weren't really mixed through well. The veal was definitely less than average, the marsala sauce tasted like maple syrup and the side of vegetables weren't anything worth mentioning. Having said that, the staff were friendly and it is always a bonus to get free bread and soup.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Western Australia
“God I Love this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is by far my favourite restaurant in Fremantle. Their food is absolutely magnificant and that never changes. I started going to the Capri years and years ago, I loved it the first time I went and I love it just as much, if not more, now. The scallops, the garlic prawns, the steak, the pasta, the beautiful complimentary soups and the beautiful fresh baked bread just to mention a few of the items that I have been lucky enough to taste. This is one restaurant that I can say without a doubt has never dissappointed me, as the food tastes amazing every time. I work away and do not get there as often as I used to but believe me when I say it feels exactly the same today as it did 10 years ago when I get to dine there. I love, love, love this place and definitely recommend the restaurant to anyone that finds themselves in Fremantle looking for a great place to eat.

• Visited April 2013