“great vibe” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Geraldton, Australia
“great vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We went with our son & daughter in law for lunch on a Wednesday, it was a real surprise, the place is modern and funky, great share platters and lovely fresh baked bread. Very good waiters who are happy to explain the menu. Drinks a little expensive but thats getting the norm in perth now, good selection of wines.
Would recommend to enjoy with friends or as a couple, we will definitely go back, and freo needs more places like this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
“That Vintage Style :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went today with my in-laws for lunch and had the yummiest shakes and mains. I love the atmosphere and the vibe. Made us wait a bit but worth it anyway. Would definitely go back.

Fremantle, Australia
“Great food atmospere and service but don't be thirsty here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Having walked past Bread in Common frequently since it opened we finally joined the crowds and went for dinner Even though the restaurant was packed the service was excellent We enjoyed the food which is fun to share and very innovative but omg the wine os sooooo expensive

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Trendy but tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Bread in Common oozes funkiness like a melted chocolate truffle on a hot day. Our waiter was a bearded hipster (very competent, but how did he get those skinny jeans on?), the tables are canteen style seating "in common", and there is bread, lots of it and very tasty it was too.

The food is designed to be shared, which is an excuse to serve minuscule portions of gorgeously described, trendy (sorry, I mean seasonal and local) fare. Fifty gram servings of cheese don't go very far, and the selection is definitely artisanal and eclectic e.g. goats cheese from Devon, hand made sheep's cheese, Salmon with goji berries (how healthy is that, but how local were the berries?). The pork belly with crispy skin was delicious, but the quantity was lacking save to sate a child. Since there were five of us, the number of plates we needed was large, and the bill wasn't small. The lamb ribs were tasty, a signature dish our culinary advisor informed us, but three ribs for $27 is not spectacular value. The duck fat roasted potatoes were yummy, but there weren't very many of them and they weren't as crispy as I expected a fowl fat fried variant to be. The jamon serrano, lovely, but your average Pret sandwich in the UK contains more serrano than the $15 portion at Bread in Common.

The wine list is extensive and the Maclaren Vale Shiraz was stunningly good. So, fun evening, great service, lovely food, but pricey, pricey. However, I'd go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Second time round”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We really enjoyed going to here for dinner at a previous time and wanted to try it again.

We both had better meals this time. Mine was Salmon with cauliflower, goji berries & sunflower seeds. Although it was quite tasty I was really glad we had ordered the potatoes again otherwise I would have been hungry again. I enjoyed the dish but would not eat it again nor recommend it.

My husband had the pulled pork which was excellent - I think I should get him to order for me - his choices are always better.

We really enjoy the experimental quirkiness of this restaurant although I think the service does let them done a bit - I think the problem being that there is no individual tables just huge long tables. You can definitely tell the people annoyed with having a stranger sit next to them.

It is not a cheap place to eat and is in fact quite expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food