“Delicious, authentic, best meal of my holiday, felt like I was in Italy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tabella

Ranked #31 of 215 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Delicious, authentic, best meal of my holiday, felt like I was in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Was googling for Italian restaurants in Fremantle and came across the website for Tabella. It looked amazing!! Simple, authentic with a great website. But then I read the trip advisor review and I almost changed it to a higher ranked Italian. SOOOO glad I didn't. This was literally the best meal I've had in the last week of holiday!

Bruschetta was very authentic And simple (minus the goat cheese which I took off and ate separate). The calamari fritte was ok, nothing special. But the mains....

I had the homemade pasta with duck ragu. Had read others thought it was bland and yes it wasn't full of flavor but that's what it was supposed to be, I reckon. The focus was on the fresh light homemade pappardelle! And actually I added some salt and wish I hadn't. But if its flavour you're after get the beef cheeks with polenta and broccolini. Flavour overload, so so so rich and delicious! Couldn't stop eating my mums main. And don't get me started on my dad's meal. Parmesan crusted lamb!!!! Died and gone to foodie heaven with this meal. Seriously. Sad we missed dessert but was not possible at this stage.

Next I should briefly touch on service. It was pretty authentically Italian. Most of the waiters didn't really speak English. I didn't mind, I practiced my Italian. Took a few minutes initially to get their attention and we waited a while...but in my years living in Australia I've learned that when waiters come over they expect you to order drinks, entres and mains in one go. As an American we like to get our drinks immediately (or maybe that's my alcoholic family) then peruse the menu. Once we got our drinks our service was great...a smile goes a long way--although maybe it was also good bc I think one of the waiters liked me, since at the end of the night I got a card with some mobile number on it.

Couldn't believe we'd find such an authentic Italian meal in Fremantle, of all places!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“"Best Italian on the Cafe Strip"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We arrived at Tabella for an evening meal and no reservation. A friendly warm welcome and we seated very comfortably in no time at all. The good service began immediately and continued throughout the meal. Food and wine menus arrived within seconds. Wine and beer were priced very highly, so we took advantage of the fact that it was also BYO. For main we ordered Osso Bucco, and Gnocchi al Ragu. The servings were perfect, great flavours and hot, the best Italian food I have tasted on the Cafe Strip in a long time. Even though we decided we could not fit in desserts once we saw the menu we changed our minds. We enjoyed the Creme Brulee and Sticky Date Pudding. Wonderful yummy desserts, well done Tabella. Great ambience, decor is inviting and not over stated.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Western Australia
“Give it a go, its great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had a wonderful breakfast at Tabella one morning and enjoyed it so much that we returned for dinner that night. It has a lovely atmosphere with very friendly staff and the food was excellent. I have no problems recommending Tabella as I thoroughly enjoyed the meals that I had and so did my family.

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Loads of desserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We chose tabella over the other restaurants because of the selection of desserts because we were around the cappuccino strip area at tea time and wanted to try what Perth cafes had to offer.
The dessert portion is enough to share or for one person if u want to be greedy :)

The sticky date pudding was a biy dry, coffee was good, tiramisu was creamy and yummy and the same time and cakes were good u could ask if you wanted ice cream with it as well :)

Ya service did take a while but eventually we got there!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Will be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Great service and food. Although calamari a tad chewy, antipasto platter yum! All up a nice relaxing way to spend a couple of hours on Easter Sunday! We will return!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere