“Nice enough” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Sydney, Australia
“Nice enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Came here on a weeknight for a drink. Checked the web, which said it closes at midnight but at 10pm were told they were closing. Very weird. Nice enough spot with nice wines.

• Visited February 2014

Perth, Australia
“Love this little bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

It is such a relief to find a bar for people over thirty!!! My partner and I never feel out of place here, as we have in other bars. Thierry, the owner is always on hand to give advice on some of the wonderful wines he has available there.
The food, although not a lot to choose from, is excellent and I think the baquettes are amongst the best I have eaten.

Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“Little gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a drink after dinner and this place is delightful. We sat outside and watched the world go by, had a nice chat with the owner as he explained our wine and enjoyed the homey atmosphere of the place. Much nicer than the rowdy pubs.

Visited December 2013
Carbondale, Illinois
“A terrific spot in Fremantle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had been here once before in 2010 when I popped in for a glass of wine and an appetizer. The gentleman who owns the place recommended a tasty rose, and we had a nice chat. After 3 years, I was back in Fremantle a few days ago and decided to return for dinner. The charming owner remembered me and my profession immediately after I walked through the door - after all this time! That's the mark of a people person and a great restaurateur.

I settled in and had a cheese fondue with crusty bread and a delicious white wine. I sat on the balcony and enjoyed my food, wine, and the sights and sounds of Fremantle on a stunningly starry night. I will always come back to this place when in Western Australia - divine food and wine and true southern hemisphere hospitality (with a bit of French style mixed in for good measure).

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottinghamshire
“Cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Popped in for a drink lateish after dinner elsewhere. Very cosy wine bar but with a vibrant atmosphere. The kind of place where you can't help but smile. Extensive selection of drinks.

• Visited November 2013