“Surprisingly good...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Fremantle

You added Quality Suites Fremantle to your Saves list
Quality Suites Fremantle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Bannister Street, Fremantle, Western Australia 6300, Australia (Formerly Bannister Suites Fremantle)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Fremantle
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Surprisingly good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Perth accommodation can be hit and miss but for the price of $180 plus $20 for secure car parking, I was very happy to find the whole process fast efficient and the room was clean and modern. Tastefully decorated and roomy.
Vicinity to freo Capp strip on doorstep.
Will return for sure

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My stay was for 2 nights prior to a cruise. This hotel is neither deluxe or luxury. It certainly qualifies as a boutique hotel (by American standards - and is listed as such in the main window of the hotel. The website lists it as a luxury hotel with deluxe accommodations.). It is just off the strip (30 seconds) with restaurants and shopping moments away. The main office personnel were there to do whatever they could to make me happy. (I arrived at 8:30 am with a room ready to go.) The bedding was crisp and the room clean. There are things to see and do within moments, or a short walk. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. I had a front desk manager come to my room to help me understand how lighting and air conditioning/heating worked. I did, however, request an ice cube tray for the mini fridge. Although I am used to this for European standards, I did not know what to expect in Western Australia. This room, although smaller than some others on the same floor, was away from the current construction across the street (West side). The room remained quite and I slept well. I was in room 24 which faced the east side of the property. Nice morning sunrise view, to view the ship I would be boarding. I would certainly go back in spite of other reviews.

Room Tip: It seems that rooms that face sunrise are best. Construction can be nosier elsewhere..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel was no value for money in any way. The room was so small and crampy with not much place to move around. Besides that, the toilet was really smelly, but clean. Not something to look forward to!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times in a standard room, on business trips when they were slightly cheaper than the larger hotel around the corner.

The location is excellent, literally an easy stone's throw from Freemantle's cafes.
It's quite a new hotel, pleasantly but plainly decorated; clean without fault.
The girls on reception were friendly and helpful.
The room was small and the view out the window was of another building despite being on the top floor. The room was poorly lit, no light over the small table and only one bedside light.

However the thing that I really dislike about this hotel, is it's claim of being a luxury hotel with luxury hotel facilites (check out the website).

It does NOT have an onsite bar, restaurant, cafe or room service, the room had no minibar (it did have an empty fridge);
It does NOT have a pool, gym or any other communial area;
The room only had a shower, no bath.
The reception is open 8am to 8pm only;
It does not have a concierge, porter, valet parking or shuttle bus (at least from what I saw or was offered)

So what luxury facilities are they talking about? Flat screen TV with foxtel? Kettle with coffee sachets, we get these in motels...

Ironically, if it were not for these claims, I would have fairly positive feelings about this place, despite the fact that it's rates are around the same as the large hotel around the corner that really does have some luxury hotel facilites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked in February for three nights at this hotel in April. I booked through QANTAS and received a confirmation. When I emailed the hotel to say I'd be arriving very late, I was told they were holding no booking for me. They could only take me in for one night. QANTAS hotels assured me the email was sent; the hotel claims they never received it; I'll never know what really happened. But it was a nuisance having to find somewhere else for two nights (since nowhere had three nights) and to pack and move while attending a conference. Next time, I'm sticking with TripAdvisor!

The property was okay, but I'd booked a more expensive room because I wanted the kitchenette - specifically, a toaster. No toaster. They do have a microwave. The bed was fine, though it was too hot for a doona.

Liked: location – terrific; broadband, with cable in room; curtains, which met in the middle and stretched the distance.

Didn’t like: lack of toaster; only 2 glasses supplied; lighting poor (no light over the desk); no pen or paper; sliding door to bedroom was stuck; someone had left a watch in the drawer, so drawers had clearly not been checked; no blanket; noise from local construction at 7am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We found that the management was very accommodating. our cruise ship was delayed arriving due to bad weather and the management extended our check out time accordingly (thank you, Casey).The location could not be better. Only steps to many good restaurants, shopping, ATMs and near the harbor. We had a lovely balcony with very comfortable wicker furniture. Very good value for money
The Loblays

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony. No view, but sitting out at night was very pleasant
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel has limited parking which I did not notice on their web site and it was not mentioned in their email confirmation of the reservation. Expecting to have parking available I was disappointed on arrival to be told that my reservation had been made 5 days ago and I had had plenty of time to call them and request a car park. The attitude was unhelpful and unfriendly. I accept that this was my mistake but the attitude of the staff member led to me being upset about the situation. Parking was available 2 streets away with a hotel discount of $2 for a $22 cost for overnight but as I have a spinal problem and use a walking stick this was inconvenient. The front desk supervisor did provide a letter of apology and an offer of a six pack of beer but I refused this. My major gripe comes with the definition of LUXURY which the rooms are described as in the website. My room, no 4, was small and overlooked a service alley with noise of bins being moved at night being very disturbing. There were no face cloths in the bathroom and no shwr gel or moisturiser either. The lighting was extremely poor with an entry light, one wall light above the wall hung TV and one desk lamp between the twin beds. No safe was provided and the wall hangings consisted of a fabric panel above the bedhead and nothing else. Additionally there was one dining like chair at the desk and no other chair in the room. There was trouble with internet connection and I ended up with two hard wired cables and finally a wi fi router. In 16 days in WA this was the worst room we had and no where came up to the standard of Best Western Carnarvon, a 3 star hotel, where we had to stay for one night while driving the 1275 km from Perth to Exmouth It had all the items I have mentioned above in a much larger room for 60% of the cost at Bannister. There may be better rooms at this Hotel but I would advise caution in accepting that it is a luxury hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OwnerBSF, Owner at Quality Suites Fremantle, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
This reviewer threatened to write a scathing review even before he checked into his room as he could not park his vehicle in our hotel car park. As with the majority of small inner city hotels parking is always an issue and will remain to be so. My receptionist on duty was very helpful but when someone is very angry nothing she could say or do could appease him.

Been to Quality Suites Fremantle? Share your experiences!