“Not Luxury” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Fremantle

You added Quality Suites Fremantle to your Saves list
Quality Suites Fremantle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Bannister Street, Fremantle, Western Australia 6300, Australia (Formerly Bannister Suites Fremantle)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Fremantle
Auckland
“Not Luxury”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel has limited parking which I did not notice on their web site and it was not mentioned in their email confirmation of the reservation. Expecting to have parking available I was disappointed on arrival to be told that my reservation had been made 5 days ago and I had had plenty of time to call them and request a car park. The attitude was unhelpful and unfriendly. I accept that this was my mistake but the attitude of the staff member led to me being upset about the situation. Parking was available 2 streets away with a hotel discount of $2 for a $22 cost for overnight but as I have a spinal problem and use a walking stick this was inconvenient. The front desk supervisor did provide a letter of apology and an offer of a six pack of beer but I refused this. My major gripe comes with the definition of LUXURY which the rooms are described as in the website. My room, no 4, was small and overlooked a service alley with noise of bins being moved at night being very disturbing. There were no face cloths in the bathroom and no shwr gel or moisturiser either. The lighting was extremely poor with an entry light, one wall light above the wall hung TV and one desk lamp between the twin beds. No safe was provided and the wall hangings consisted of a fabric panel above the bedhead and nothing else. Additionally there was one dining like chair at the desk and no other chair in the room. There was trouble with internet connection and I ended up with two hard wired cables and finally a wi fi router. In 16 days in WA this was the worst room we had and no where came up to the standard of Best Western Carnarvon, a 3 star hotel, where we had to stay for one night while driving the 1275 km from Perth to Exmouth It had all the items I have mentioned above in a much larger room for 60% of the cost at Bannister. There may be better rooms at this Hotel but I would advise caution in accepting that it is a luxury hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OwnerBSF, Owner at Quality Suites Fremantle, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
This reviewer threatened to write a scathing review even before he checked into his room as he could not park his vehicle in our hotel car park. As with the majority of small inner city hotels parking is always an issue and will remain to be so. My receptionist on duty was very helpful but when someone is very angry nothing she could say or do could appease him.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

hi all,
we stayed in this accommodation for 2 nights and I would definitely recommend it because:
- the location is great,
- the staff extremely kind, welcoming and helpful (special thanks to Casey!),
- and the rooms are good value for money.
have a save trip!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I travelled to Perth for a business trip. It is a very small hotel with basically no facilities. The room was ok with no minni bar. The bed was confortable, my view was of another building. There is no room service, restuarant or bar. Mind you minutes away is a tonne of qulaity restuarants and bar. No car parking very poor, no were to stop out the front. I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just had 2 night stay over New Year and cannot fault anything. The room was great, did exactly what it was meant to do, I agree it's not unique or where you'd want to stay on your honeymoon but it was clean, organised, had the facilities I expected, ironing board, kettle etc. Perfect for what we wanted. The location is brilliant, so close to everything in Freemantle and then the train into Perth. We had a car so did have access to the onsite parking.

What made our stay so great was the staff, nothing was too much trouble and they were so accommodating, we ended up staying here as we'd had problems at our pre-booked accommodation, they were really understanding and went out of their way to assist to make the transfer hassle-free. I would recommend this for a stay in Freemantle, it is very central so if you are looking for an early quiet night ask for a room at the back, as it is central, but the location is part of the appeal!

Thank you again and happy new year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is well situated, probably the best of the limited choices in Fremantle. Access to shops, transport, cafes and the harbor are excellent.

The rooms are decent and functional but there is very little to justify a 'boutique' 4 star rating. An example is the nesspresso machine that the pods are $1 each for.

A few administrative issues plagued my stay, such as the entry card ceasing to work. The issue, luckily, arose in business hours. This was resolved quickly but again should not happen.

No wi-fi?? For business travelers and international guests this is a big seller. An increasing number of 4 star hotels and appartments have free wi-fi.

Parking was a bit of a joke. Only 5 spots on site in a tiny area. This gives a very 'Austin powers' experience of trying to get a car any bigger than a Getz in and out. Not worth the effort for all but the most patient traveller, if you can avoid the need for a car.

The massive excavation and construction across the road was awful. This should have been mentioned by hotel staff in advance. Not at all good if you plan to do any work from the room or if you desire a sleep-in, which is not unusual on holidays surely?

Overall it's a decent place, great location and comfortable. But 4 stars is a stretch

• Stayed December 2012
Gold Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Bannister Suites in Fremantle after disembarking from a cruise ship. We chose Bannister Suites after reading good reports on Tripadvisor and it is in a great location in the middle of town. We took a cab from the Port to the Hotel for $10( a bit too far to walk with suitcases). The Hotel is close to the Fremantle Markets which are great and lots of restaurants within walking distance. Check in was smooth and easy and our room looked clean and tidy when we arrived but when we got settled and I went to the bathroom I realised that the shower still had old soap, shampoo and condition in the shower. We also had new soap, shampoo and conditioner on the bench in the bathroom. I thought this a bit odd but then thought that maybe the cleaner forgot to take away the old soap and shampoo, but then I checked the bin in the bathroom and it had not been empited. I was not that alarmed as it may have been an oversight and that does happen. Then when I pulled down the bed sheets it was very obvious that our sheets were not changed. There were pubic hairs all through them and the sheets and pillow cases were all crumpled. I went down to the reception to ask for new sheets and explained the situation and the girl in the office was very embarrassed and gave me new sheets, pillow covers and a bath towel and hand towel that were missing from the room. We paid $195 per night for this room and due to the state of our room I cannot give the Bannister Suites a good rating. which is a shame because the cleaners made this a very negative experience for us and I could not recommend this Hotel to others.

Room Tip: Check your room and bed....