“Quaint and cosy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arundels Boutique Accommodation

You added Arundels Boutique Accommodation to your Saves list
Arundels Boutique Accommodation
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   32 Arundel Street, Fremantle, Western Australia 6162, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Fremantle
Bunbury, Australia
“Quaint and cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

A well presented clean and cosy room with a comfy bed and clean bathroom , very close to hospital and the cappuccino strip yet in a quiet street no need for transport as all in walking distance , car parking was minimal not for larger cars will stay again

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

False advertising at its best. This place is run down & untidy. How they call this "boutique" accommodation escapes me. We had trouble with the access code like other travellers & there is no one on site to assist. Also I was quoted $180 for the night but had $183.60 debited from my credit card. When I rang to discover why was told it was a credit card fee & that they'd forgotten to tell me that at the time of booking. Still to their credit they said this amount would be refunded. 48 hours I'm still waiting. Of course it's not the $3.80, it's the principle!

• Stayed September 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Arundels is fantastically located a short walk from the centre of Fremantle and also easy walking distance from the Little Creatures brewery wharf area. I was impressed with the hotel.

Arriving late, I simply used a code that had been emailed to me to open the front door as well as the door to my room. Someone had called me a few days earlier to explain how it all worked, which I thought was great service.

My room (101) was spacious and very comfortable, complete with a two person spa in the bathroom. The water ran hot, the bed was very comfortable and I had a super night of sleep.

I would not hesitate to stay here again - it's a top option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night and loved it. Its a 5 minute walk to the Capuccino strip but still far enough to be quiet and private. There is parking out back - the driveway is very narrow and there was a bit of wall that jutted out towards the end that clipped my side mirror so my advice would be to go slowly and carefully. The parking spot was so convenient as parking in Fremantle is a pain.
The pin pad entry was very convenient as you didn't need to check in or carry around keys. If you read the instructions, its easy. We stayed in the queen room with spa. The room was spacious, plenty of room for storage, little sitting table for 2, bar fridge, fireplace (not in action but there is a reverse cycle aircon) tea & coffee facilities, good size tv. It was very charmingly decorated, perfect for the romantic getaway that it was. The bathroom is very modern and spacious, I loved that there was soap, conditioner and shampoo dispencer in the spa/shower and a hairdryer. The spa itself was a good size. I'm a curvy girl and my partner is 6'3 but we fit in comfortably. The jacuzzi was very relaxing and soothed our aches from walking around Freo all day!

The only downside of note was that the bed was hard but that's all down to personal preference. We have a soft/firm bed at home so we just weren't used to it :) The bedding was nice and felt luxurious. We enjoyed our complimentary breakfast the next day - very good selection! I ADORED the coffee machine, just push your selection and you're good to go. There was yoghurt, fresh and bountiful fruit salad, muesli, juices, raisin toast, bread selections, croissants, pancakes, muffins, cereal.. They had a good selection of spreads.. The breakfast area has a computer with internet as well as a sitting/reading area. It was an excellent breakfast experience.

So, overall.. an excellent stay. Would recommend and we would love to return!

Room Tip: We liked having our room upstairs - it was right next to the breakfast bar though and some cheeky pe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Arundel's is an ideally located B & B in Freemantle within walking distance of the CBD and fabulous eateries and cafes.

Free transport services are at either end of the street.

Friendly staff were helpful and provided good ideas on what to see.

Room size was a bit small, but that reflected the price we paid.

One negative was the light coming through the door jambs at night to the room we occupied. A simple door sealing strip would help overcome this problem for me as I like a dark environment to sleep in.

Room Tip: Larger rooms are upstairs!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband & I chose to spend a couple of nights in Freo on the way south. Being Easter there were few rooms available & from what I had read on Tripadvisor Arundels Boutique Accommodation was one of the better options & well situated. We arrived at 7pm & had been given an entry code as there is no reception. Our access was not straight forward & I ended up assisting other visitors that were having trouble too.
Our room, 101 was large with Victorian charm. It had a high ceiling, bay window & pleasantly furnished. (Is this the Boutique bit?) The sherry decanter & glasses was a nice touch. (Is this the boutique bit?) The bathroom had been created within the original rectangular room & had an spa bath but when used the scum that appeared was very off putting. (Definitely not the Boutique bit) There were also ants in the bedroom & bathroom.
The continental style breakfast was limited & very mediocre. it was also in a space that was not up to the standard of the our room or other common parts, it also could not accommodate all the guests had they all arrived at once. (this might be it, Boutique- 'small & exclusive'!)
Having said all this the 2 Portuguese ladies doing the housekeeping were jolly & having checked out the Esplanade Hotel which was our other alternative I am glad that we chose the Arundel. Would we go back? I would look very hard for an alternative

Room Tip: Room 101 was large but dark.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This place in the heart of freo certainly lives up to the boutique name. The beautifully restored rooms set the scene to take you back in time. We stayed in the king spa room and while the spa took ages to fill it was worth it and quite relaxing.

Breakfast was surprisingly comprehensive and met all of my expectations.

Only limitation was parking and I recommend against drivin down the driveway which is a trap if there is not a space for you as you will have to navigate the impossible reverse back up the driveway which was less than fun!

Everythig you need in freo is within easy walking distance though
So just leave the car at home!

• Stayed February 2013