We arrived on our bikes and were quickly ushered into the back garden to park our bikes by Sven, and promptly taken care of by his spouse, Esther - both of them personable, warm, energetic, extremely likable and attentive hosts. It clear to us that they care about their guests’ well-being and comfort.
There is a comfortable bar and restaurant on the main floor where delicious, reasonably-priced fare is served. The owners are security-conscious, with state-of-the-art key cards to gain access into the areas where the guest rooms are located.
I had asked for a room with a bathtub and separate shower, and De Mare (2nd floor room) did not disappoint. Stylish, beautifully refurbished and designed room with windows facing onto the main street at the front of De Nymph. Spacious, modern bathroom. Largest tub ever.
Mattress topper to turn twin matressed into a comfortable king bed. High quality bed linens. Large flat screen TV close enough to the bed to comfortably watch. Stylish, and functional fixtures throughout, eg, full length mirror and a glass top table that has an adjustment lever to raise and lower height - a very clever design. Large, comfortable armchairs and reading light, also a desk and chair.
Despite the fresh, contemporary design, the owners have preserved the original ceiling beams and an antique oval above the entrance door - classy and attractive.
It poured rain in the evening, despite which we and others ate outside under the green-striped awnings. The friendly waitress ran in and out to serve us with a smile, and the food was well-presented, generously portioned, and delicious. 10 out of 5 for dinner. The breakfast in the morning was quite modest - adequate.
This is an exceedingly comfortable and appealing hotel, situated on the prettiest main road in Brielle. It garners high recommendations from both of us and 5 stars for effort and results. We have some improvement suggestions. To take it to the next level, we suggest to you, Esther and Sven, the following:
1. De Mare needs drawers or shelves for clothes. It had many places for hanging but only a top wardrobe shelf for all folded clothes, hats, bags etc. The full length mirror piece is great, but the space behind which is a bar for hanging more clothes, could be better turned into shelves for underwear etc. Alternatively, add a small chest of drawers where the full length mirror piece is, and affix the mirror to the inside of the wardrobe door. Easiest/least expensive option might be to build more shelves into the wardrobe to provide better storage options.
2. Would be great to have a floor fan for hot weather in case guests don't want to leave windows open at night due to noise concerns.
3. Coffee-tea making facilities - with the downstairs bar, this is not necessary, but on my wishlist.
4. Water bottle with glasses were provided - a nice touch. Include a "with our compliments" card so guests know they are not being charged for it as they would be in most NA hotels.
5. Respond to all emails queries - this one may be out of character but I never did receive a reply to my email about rooms.
6. Introduce yourself by name. You are both lovely, so tell your guests who you are and don’t wait for them to ask your names. It speaks to a warmer, more personal welcome.
I would not hesitate to stay at this appealing, well-cared for hotel again, and strongly urge you to look no further.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brasserie Hotel de Nymph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brasserie Hotel De Nymph Brielle, The Netherlands - South Holland