Had a great experice here. The staff were frienldy and helpful. Yes the hotel is dated, but the location is supurb, fantastic views. Restaurant food excellent. Reception is only open for very short times. Causing problems if you want to check in or out at other times. Note if you book the breakfast and want to head off early, the restaurant does not open until 7.30 .. so you are out of luck. Our gripe is with an upgrade offer. We were offered an upgrade with 2 price options.. one if we took breakfasts one without. the price offer was written down. We accepted the offer. On check out my elderly mother was forced to pay double what we had agreed. The host yelled at her and tore up the bill, demanded to see me. We had headed out on an early trip, and by the time of our return reception would be closed. She had no option but to pay. I have contacted the hotel and expressed my frustration. A week later no response. This spoilt what would have been a lovely experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The typical-Swiss-chalet-hotel (orignally built in 1671) is located in the heart of Lauterbrunnen, a three-minute walk from the train station and has a bus stop at the front door. 25 cosy rooms with different sizes, 23 of them with bath or toilet. Radio, TV, telephone, W-Lan and safe is standard, 11 have a balcony. Lift. Typical-Swiss-restaurant with open-fire (winter), breakfastbuffet with many local specialities, 3-course-halfboard-menu or à la carte, for example Swiss-cheese-Fondue or meat from the hot-stone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Schutzen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schuetzen Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Restaurant Schutzen Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau