I feel like the odd one out here as I don't seem to be sharing the same enthusiasm as everyone else! My husband and I have just come back from our honeymoon touring Europe - one of our stops being The Hotel Staubbach for two nights. This we thought would be one of the highlights of our honeymoon, but unfortunately due to the terrible weather, our stay was a complete wash-out! We felt cheated as Lauterbrunnen was completely shrouded by cloud the whole time we were there! We hoped that Hotel Staubbach would go some way to make up for this unseasonal weather. But when we arrived in the pouring rain and we were taken up to our room, we couldn't help but feel slightly disapointed. I'd ask for a balcony view and that we got (which I must add is worth paying the extra for) but our room was so tiny. You could only go single file into the room and well it was just so basic! It wasn't what I expected at all as their website makes it look so luxurious. For me it was nothing more than a Youth Hostel. Don't get me wrong, the rooms were spotlessy clean and the beds were extremely comfy, but there were no tea making facilities or TV's in the room. There were communial facilities on the ground floor, but again that just added to the Youth Hostel feel. I have nothing against Youth Hostels, but as it's a 'Hotel' and was chosen for its seemingly luxurious ambience (and Trip Advisor reviews) I found the classy website a bit misconceiving. The breakfast buffet was your typical basic continental, served in a very dated canteen/dining room. Nevertheless it had a fantastic view of the impressive Staubbach Waterfall. All that said, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I must admit there was a great buzz to the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a Bed & Breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau