My aunt and I stayed here for 2 nights and this is my most favourite hotel during my Europe trip in Oct 2012. Though the hotel is away from the railway station about 5-10 mins walk. But I think it really worth the walking to it. The splendid view of the waterfall in our room balcony really worth it. It's most relaxed and comfortable place I ever visited. Just imagine after the visiting to Jungfrau and come back to room balcony to have some red wine and the view of the waterfall is just in front of you. I think is everyone dreams of having this kind of experience. And you can have it in Hotel Staubbach. The room is consider spacious for Switzerland hotel and the bed is super comfortable. I slept through out the whole night.
The staffs are very friendly and helpful. They will recommend us on what to do and where to eat as well. Staying here let's us feel like we are staying at home, the friendliness and coziness of the hotel really let's us enjoyed the stay most.
The breakfast is great. Simple and has few varieties to choose from. And you even can view the waterfall during breakfast. You can also have free flow water, tea & coffee at their lounge area before closed during night time.
For those who can't live without TV in the room may consider it difficult as the rooms do not have TV but you are able view TV in their lounge. There is computers in their lounge as well for free usage. And importantly for me during the trip was that they provided free wifi and the connection is good.
Lauterbrunnen really a place to take a break and relax. And the best place to stay will be Hotel Staubbach!
Can't wait to visit Lauterbrunnen and Hotel Staubbach again.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a Bed & Breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.