We visited the Convento da Graca on our honeymoon in March 2013 and thought it was just fabulous. The staff were outstandingly friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived and the decor and setting were utterly charming. Here are a few plus and minus points from our stay:
+ Setting: tall corridors, elegant courtyard and spacious room
+ Staff: consistently professional and friendly - always keen to offer advice on the local area
+ Food: the breakfasts contained a wide range of fruit, cold hams, cheeses, pastries, cooked eggs, bacon and more, all of which were excellent.
+ Location: a two-minute stroll into the town and situated on a beautiful plaza by the church.
+ Live music: the attached chapel was the setting for a wonderful Fado concert while we were staying (and inspiringly cheap at just €5 for a 90-minute event).
+ Price: off-season our rooms were discounted by ~20%. It's still a relatively expensive place to stay, but we absolutely felt we were getting our money's worth.
- Noise from the street was a little loud, but this was easily solved by closing the windows and using the air con
- Matresses were a little old and unsupportive (a real shame, but not a huge problem)
- No kettle in the room (quite typical across Europe)
- Pool wasn't in action (barely an issue, as we visited in March and it is unheated)
- er... that's it.
We would highly recommend this wonderful hotel and will certainly be staying there on our next visit to Tavira. Thank-you to all the staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pousada de Tavira is set in the 16th-century St. Augustine’s Convent and is just a few minutes walk from the Roman Bridge over Gilao River. All of the rooms in this central Tavira hotel overlook the courtyard or the hotel’s pool garden, while some have balcony. Each has a private en-suite bathroom with tub and hairdryer. Guests can relax under shady umbrellas on the poolside sun loungers. A daily breakfast buffet is offered in the dining room or in the courtyard outdoors. The restaurant serves delectable local and international cuisine for lunch and dinner. Ilha de Tavira’s white beaches are situated just 15 minutes’ drive from the Pousada. Excellent golf opportunity is offered by Benamor Golfe Course, 7 km away. Plenty of restaurants are found near to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Splendia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pousada de Tavira Historic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Convento Da Graca Tavira