+ Cleaniless of hotel/room/pool/restuarant were brilliant
+ Pool area was beautiful as was the beach
+ Size and facilities of the room with fridge, kettle, hob, microwave etc.
+ Value for money (paid £500 for 2 adults with flights from Bristol & half board)
+ Food - not lots of choice basically one fish, one meat for the main with lots of different salads but it always tasted good and never got that buffet staleness
+ Do the canoeing from the hotel (free) it felt romantic & was lovely way to see around the nature reserve
+ Cabanas & Tavira is not full of English tourists and are uncommercialised
- The reception staff were not very talkative (e.g. when asked for suggestions of things to do)
- It does not suit children (maybe go next door to the Golden Cabanas), there were a couple of babies there but otherwise they would be bored
- Maybe Good or Bad? No entertainment in the actual hotel (although there is stuff in the village) and the bar is not one to sit at over a drink
- If you are after a clubbing atmosphere
Things you should do:
Get a car unless you want a pure pool/beach holiday (visit Seville & go to a market in land in Portugal)
Do the canoeing early on in your trip so you can go again if you enjoy it
Ask for a view of the nature reserve, the pool if you want to people watch
Stock up on beer/water on way to hotel from airport as the fridge was there waiting for us.
Ask for breakfast the night before if you are getting an early flight, we just asked for a bit of bread to make a sandwich and they gave us pastries/bread/food/yoghurt and juice to take with us.
The hotel is in a quiet area, aside from the occassional sound of birds and at night there was sometimes dogs barking. We are both thirty (only just!) & I was pregnant so the quietness suited us. The most striking thing about the hotel was the cleanliness which was superb. On arrival, the appartment we had was bigger than expected with a large lounge/kitchnette/dining area which had french doors to the balcony also the bedroom was large with built in wadrobes which also had french doors onto the balcony. We had a view of the nature reserve which meant we didn't have almost any cars go past or people looking up to our balcony. The hotel was not overly suited for children but definitely suited couples of all ages. The area of Cabanas is quiet, although we did go beginning of October, there are about a dozen bars/restuarants and a couple of small shops. There is a free small boat to cross the river of the nature reserve to get to a long expanse of sandy beach (no traffic/no sellers etc.) which had great surf of the Atlantic. A definite for those not just wanting a sit around holiday is to rent a car which we did to pick up from the airport (so saved the transfer costs) and Spain is only 20mins away (we went to Seville for a day.) The neighbouring town which is much bigger than Cabanas (although very tasteful/uncommercial) is Tavira and that is only 5/10 mins drive away from the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas Resort Park Hotel
- Cabanas Resort Park Hotel Tavira
- Cabanas Hotel Park
- Cabanas Hotel Tavira
- Cabanas Park Resort
- Cabanas Park
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Cabanas Resort Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.