We stayed at this Guesthouse for 2 nights in mid October 2013, having booked there based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. It met our high expectations from these reviews. Andy took excellent care of us and the Guesthouse very accurately matches the photos on the Guesthouse website and the (average 5 out of 5) reviews on Trip Advisor.
- We had some difficulty parking near the Guesthouse due to the one way streets and the fact that the Guesthouse is not on our Garmin map (latest version of Portugal map for 2013). As Andy's email directions advise, you should plan to park say at the nearby bus station on the river, which is free and there were always plenty of spaces to park in October;
- Breakfast was among the best that we had on the trip, including fresh bread, yoghurt, fresh fruit and boda coffee all conveniently served on a tray at your table on the rooftop patio. A bonus was that the breakfast is an extra Euro 8 per person. Since we had to leave early on the last morning before breakfast is served we only paid for what we had.
- The internet worked well and there was a small library of guide books available in the indoor tables area.
- Andy recommended that we eat at the Tevira Lounge (only a two minute walk away overlooking the famous bridge) and at A Barquinha (the little barge, on the quayside). Both were excellent.
- The tourist information office was only a 5 minute walk away.
Many thanks, Andy. And best wishes to your young family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Calcada guesthouse is a beautiful and unique accommodation located amongst the oldest streets in the town centre of Tavira. It is hidden away in a small residential square behind the main praca within the heart of the historical centre of Tavira, one of the most architecturally attractive towns in the Algarve. The guesthouse comprises of 6 individually decorated bedrooms (five king size doubles and one twin) all air conditioning for Summer months and heating for the Winter. Each bedroom has it's own balcony or patio doors and private en-suite wet rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Calcada Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.