“Amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Amsterdam
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

That's for sure the best restaurant in Tavira !!!
From the satarters till main course it's everything fantastic. with a charming presetation dishes.
Pleasant ambience and service.
Just a little recommendation the wines list is a bit short and expensive...

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second time and still excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

What can I say? Lovely service and amazing food. A quiet place that I really recommend.
I have been in Amore Vero in July and loved it so I had to return.
We went with a few friends that really like Typical Portuguese food and werent very impressed at the start. But even they surrender to the tender stake and flavour fusion.
The cheese plater and the lovely wine were a perfect finish.
I will definitely return when Im in Tavira.

London, United Kingdom
“had to update my earlier review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came to the restaurant at the end of September and I thought I should update my earlier review as I was a bit negative before. We came with one of our friends who enjoys 'upmarket' food and she loved her pasta of the day (which came with sage butter). My husband said his starter of "deconstructed english breakfast" (his words, not the menu) was one of the best meals he had all holiday. I had the liver parfait (delicious) which came with apple chutney which went really well together and was a taste sensation extraordinaire. We then both had the chicken with sage which I loved, but he preferred his starter. The wine we chose was a very reasonably priced Algarve white and two bottles went down well. We didnt manage to have puddings as we were too full. We had the couverts which were also very tasty. The waiting staff were friendly and attentive.

The only tiny criticism was that we had booked a table and were shown to one right by the toilets, hemmed in by two other occupied tables. However, this was quickly rectified by asking to move to the table adjacent to our reserved one.

On a random note - the cutlery is probably the nicest designed I have ever seen. I kept picking my knife up and admiring it. (slightly sad I know!).

The chef came out to see people but just looked over to acknowledge us and we smiled back in gratitude.

Interior of restaurant still lovely and some very lovely kittens and cats outside who are well trained not to come inside, but appreciate any scraps left over after dinner.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food, if a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Delicious food, well cooked and presented. Service was good. I had confit of Duck with Dauphinoise potatoes and green beans, whilst my husband had Steak with mushroom sauce and fresh vegetables. We also had the starter of bread and Olives, and Coffee and Tea to finish. The bill came to a rather pricey €73 and they do not accept cards! Although the food was really nice, we felt it was rather pricey. The decor and atmosphere inside are lovely, but the view at the front terrace is not very pretty.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lisboa, Portugal
“Amazing place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

A very romantic place to dinner.
Well located, near the river.
An excellent service, as well as the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere