“pagando muito para ser mal tratado” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quatro Aguas

Quatro Aguas
Sitio Das Quatro Aguas | Restaurante Marisqueira Quatro Aguas, Tavira 8800-602, Portugal
281 381 272
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 167 Restaurants in Tavira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Hong Kong, China
“pagando muito para ser mal tratado”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sorry but I will write in english, I am portuguese but my spanish is not so good.
Last August I visited 4 aguas for dinner.
I was told that it had a beautiful balcony (Terraza exterior) wher eone could eat and enjoy the view.
Upon arrival I was told that the "balcony " was closed and I would have to seat inside.
After waiting around 15 minutes to have the menu, the person working there came, arrogant and trying to rush. He was impacient waiting for the order, would not describe what the dishes were, and couldnt speak english ( my girlfriend cant speak portuguese).
After this, we order one cataplana de marisco, it was great I must admit, but guess what there was no rice, potatos, nothing at all.
we wanted to ask why, but the waiter kept being arrogant, ignoring our table.
After dinner I went to the toilet, and realized that the balcony area was actually open and people were eating there.
I asked for the "yellow book", a book were customers can write down their complains, and the owner of the restaurant offer us coktails, beggin us not to make any complain.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A quiet escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

A small area with some restaurants, a ferry to the Ihla de Tavira and the final stop on the trip on the little land train from Tavira town.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Unassuming but decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

On the road south of Tavira along the river and towards the smaller ferries to the Ilha De Tavira, Quatro Aguas is one of (I think) three restaurants on the eastern side of the road. Service was polite, pleasant, informative and efficient and the food was decent. Standard Portuguese meat or fish dishes are on the menu and are well prepared and delicious. My main, lamb chops, went down a treat. My wife's main, Tiger Prawn and Squid skewers was much appreciated, too. Our son (5) enjoyed his smoked salmon, youghurt and cucumber salad and one of the tiger prawns. The wine recommended went very well with our choices of food, too.

However, where the restaurant excelled was with the dessert. Rather than giving us a menu, the waiter took us to the dessert stand and descibed each one including their "prize winning cake". It certainly deserved its prize, as did the other desserts we had.

Worth the trip.

Visited September 2012
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ordered a meal in Quatro Aquas last night having seen mostly positive reviews about the restaurant. After we ordered the meal we were overwhelmed by a truly nauseating sewage smell which did finally die down a little after 5 minutes. The other diners were equally appalled by this smell. The waiters offered some diners seats inside to alleviate the situation. We chose to sit it out as it did appear to be dying down. We were then served our meal which could only be described as average. The potato crisps were particularly disappointing.

Our granddaughter took longer to finish her spag bol than the rest of us. At this stage the smell returned and we decided to retire indoors. The waitress then prevented us from doing this. Presumably she didn't want to tidy the table. Then she and the owner/chef tried to convince us that this was a "natural smell'! Suffice to say we won't be back. It was also very overpriced compared to every other restaurant in Tavira where the food is much superior. a bottle of water was 5euro!

Give it a miss.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Seafood in a great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We visited this restaurant hoping for great seafood and were not disapppointed - clams to share as a starter, followed by the seafood platter. Friednly staff and enjoyed the water taxi to and fro from our hotel straight across from the restaurant (Hotel Vila Gale Albacora)

Visited August 2012