“THE new place to eat in Mikulov....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 restaurants in Mikulov
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bury, UK
“THE new place to eat in Mikulov....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had not been told by the Hotel Templ that "due to a special function" I would not be able to eat in the hotel restaurant and to add to the gloomy prognosis, when I asked about alternatives I was informed that "Mikulov is a bad place to eat....!"
Enter tripadvisor and this new restaurant...newly opened (2 months0 but already with a burgeoning reputation.

I was not disappointed. Lovely, bright, cheerful table with a view of the cobbled street outside and a waitress who was happy to go through the Czech menu with me. OK, I "only" had tomato soup and a burger...but both were absolutely fabulously fresh and home made. The tomato soup was tangy and fruity and came with a blob of fresh cream - served in a lovely, stylish bowl. The burger was, quite possibly, the best I have ever tasted - including some epic burgers in the States. The meat of the burger was delightfully tender and the bun fresh and filled with bacon, cheese, red cabbage, sauce and was dripping with juice (I can feel my mouth watering again now, as I think of it!! Czech Lager seemed to be an appropriate drink and this also didn't disappoint.

I don't bother with dessert but had an excellent coffee. The bill for all of this? I'm too embarrassed to tell you but it is incredibly good value.

The staff are an absolute delight - being on my own, they were at pains to make me feel welcome and valued. Trying hard now to wangle my next trip to Czech Republic/ Austria/ Slovakia!

• Visited September 2013

90% Recommend
South Africa
“Excellent service, food and wine- thank you Petra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

By pure coincidence, Anneline and I had lunch at Sojka - relief, English is spoken, the food is international and healthy and tasteful! What a discovery. We stayed in Mikolov for a weekend and we didnt bother trying another restaurant as we know we could not find better - we have luncha nd supper on Saturday as well and lunch again on Sunday - we were offered very good wine as well and as we come from Stellenbosch we are quite difficult when it comes to wine - Petra, you and your team are awesome! thank you

Prague, Czech Republic
“Best food in Mikulov”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice surprice to find such restaurant in Mikulov. Pumpkin soup & buger. The best. Reasonable prices. Friendly and well informed personel. Will come back and recommend to others.

Prague, Czech Republic
“Light and Tasty Food in Mikulov”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Sojka had been open only a month when we visited. It offers excellent vegetarian and other menu options. We had cucumber gaspacho and zucchini fritters that were delicious, and returned later for one of the best hamburgers I have had in Czech Republic. The house wine was excellent, as you might expect in the heart of the Czech wine country. The restaurant and a lively bar are upstairs from a shop that sells gourmet food items and natural skin products. There is outside seating on the busy town square. Sojka's menu is a welcome change from other restaurants in town that serve the usual stodgy Czech fare -- and the prices are very reasonable. The management is friendly and English-speaking.