“Very clean hotel however did disappoint in various areas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harmony Club Hotel

You added Harmony Club Hotel to your Saves list
Harmony Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bedrichov 106, Spindleruv Mlyn, Krkonose National Park 543 51, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Spindleruv Mlyn
Carlisle
“Very clean hotel however did disappoint in various areas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel itself is outdated on the outside however pleasant decor on the inside. Comfortable bar area with good quality coffee and drinks. Reception staff are quite helpful even though their English and German are average. Rooms are very clean as well as all areas of the hotel. This was a big plus. The "director" of the hotel walks round very casually in her jeans and rarely greets any guests that are not Czech speaking - we mistaken her for a guest. The ski hire at the hotel is is quite poor (outdated equipment) and more expensive that Spindl Motion, you are better off going to Svaty Petr and hiring skis there which are a bit more modern. Ski school is fine with English speaking teachers. Unfortunately the piste near the hotel did not have a lot of snow and a long blue slope was not available due to the lack of snow which meant Medivin was not reachable for intermediate skiiers. We travelled to Svaty Petr daily for skiing. 30 mins in the ski lift queue is normal...... pffff. Its different if you are used to Austria with people a bit more gruff and unpleasant in the queue even towards children. Taxi to Svaty Petr is CZK 200.00.

The hotel promotes bowling, swimming, sauna, shooting, fitness, golf, pool etc. All you need to pay for..... swimming is free before 4pm. Swimming area is clean with Jacuzzi and good size pool. Also the lift goes to -1 (pool) and the rest of the facilities are not accessible for any people with walking impairments.

No tea/coffee facilities in room.

Buffet was included in our package however was disappointed that there were no vegetarian options available not even soup. We asked and manager was not very accommodating even stating that vegetarian food is not in season. However did offer to food from the upstairs restaurant which has a la carte menu (pay extra). I do recommend this restaurant upstairs - what a difference to downstairs. Nice atmosphere however does have discos on different days from 8pm which really spoils the the atmosphere there.Staff upstairs are also very friendly and speak good english.

Bar downstairs is quite but closes at 9.30 pm so don't expect a coffee in peace after this time. Wifi only available in certain areas unless you want to pay.

Still had Christmas information on display when it was already February.

Hotel is ok but don't expect 4 star luxury.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Pilsen, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I spent one October night in Špindlerův Mlýn in Hotel Harmony Club. I choosed this hotel because I was searching for comfortable overnight place in this mountain town-a the best-known ski resort in Czech Republic. Because I came here out-of winter season, I didn't need any reservation in advance. I could choose from many accomodation capacities of Špindlerův Mlýn and I choosed Harmony Club, because it is one of the biggest hotels there, and offers one of the highest standard. Advantage is the design of classical hotels and not the design of mountain-hotels, where I really dislike small corridors, missing elevators and so on. Here in Harmony you can use all comfort of classical hotel - not only spacious corridors and elevators, but also wellness centre. restaurants, comfortable parking and so on. It was no problem to find the hotel by car - thanks too good signs. From the center of Špindelrův Mlýn you need to go ca 2 kilometres up-hill. Parking is covered and secured by electronic-parking system. To the reception you can get by elevator. The receptionist was very kind and helpfull and my order and the check-in was very fast. The price was fair according to the hotel. All common spaces of the hotel are modern and very nice.

To the room I got by one of elevators, access to the room is by card. The room was rather spacious, modern, nice-designed, perfectly clean. The room is well equipped - flat TV with satelite-programms, mini-bar, AC, large bed, nice bathroom with all necessities, hair-dryer. The quality really corresponds to 4* level. The stay here was pleasant. My room also had balcony with nice view on mountains around. The sleeping here was really comfortable.

In the other side the breakfast was disappointing for me. The choice was rather wide, this is no problem. But the products looked cheap, vegetable not very fresh, there was missing dark-bread and the quality as well as taste was poor.

I wanted also try the hotel wellness centre, which should be very nice. Access was included to my room-rate. Unfortunately I forgot to take my swimming trunks. So I wanted to buy some in hotel. But they didn't have any. This should be better in 4* wellness hotel.

Overall Hotel Harmony Špindlerův Mlýn is very nice hotel and I can recommend it for business stay, as well as for family, wellness or leisure. I am convinced that it belongs to the best hotels in Krkonoše mountain. It was pleasure-surprise for me mainly in compare with sister-hotel Harmony Club in Ostrava.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Luxury equiped hotel facility with new renovated wellness centre. Hotel offers professional sport facilities eg. tennis hall, swimming pool etc. Hotel offers good conditions for business meetings or just relax surrounded by nature.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent one week in the hotel Harmony in March. The best thing about this hotel is its location, just a few steps from the ski lift. The slope at the hotel is great for kids and adults who are learning skiing. Advanced skiers can use the lift at the hotel as a gate to the ski area of Medvedin.

The hotel Harmony is big, with a number of facilities but for that price we would expect more facilities to be included. We were disappointed that you have to pay for everything including the table football which adds to the bill...The hotel could consider included more services in the price. We were lucky though that the swimming pool entrance was included in the price of our room. We used swimming pool only 3 times as the water was cold. The jacuzzi was ridiculous, very small, max 4 people fit although we manage to squeeze 4 adults and 4 kids, but it was too tight:)

We also played bowling. It was fun although unfortunately the hotel did not think of children as the lightest bowling ball was 8 kg which was too heavy for our 6 year old.

I also think that the hotel would require a young fresh designer who could give a bit of flair to the hotel.

The service at the hotel was great, the staff was friendly. The food was nice although we would appreciate more variety for the dinner meaning inclusion of the international cuisine. One night sushi was offered which was a nice change. We saw that there was an Asian cook working in the hotel restaurant and we think that the management could consider to use him to cook Asian food. We tried a Thai soup in the a la carte restaurant which was excellent.

We had a room for 2 adults and 2 children. It was huge, with a big hall and two big rooms separated from each other. The design is rather socialist but we did not mind given the space we had.

We chose the hotel also because there is a kids club. In the end our kids did not use it at all as it was very small and designed for rather small children, max. 6 years old. There was no facilities for bigger children except the video games for which you need to pay. Nothing to compare with Kinderhotel in Austria where we went last year, unfortunately.

It is a 20-30 minute walk to the city centre which is small, cute, but it was rather dead in March when we were there. The restaurants and cafe were ok although prices are high to Czech standards and the service is so and so.

I recommend the hotel for those who prefer to be very close to the ski slopes and those with small kids. The bigger kids may be bored, especially if they do not ski.

Room Tip: If you want to have a huge room, ask for connecting room for 4.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great location just a step from the lift, amazing skiing for children in ski school, rooms are a bit outdated, but the service at the hotel is absolutely great, the breakfast is a great choice , very good quality spa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have organised an event. The hotel event manager is perfect - all our needs managed "in a minute". Good restaurant and very nice spa. Also nature close to the hotel is excellent. I can imagine my private week in summer and winter as well. For our special guest we did order mix of fruits and it was very nice and fresh. The main hall is great.

Room Tip: Of course, rooms with higher price are better and bigger, but all of them are nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

On 2012.09.10 I re-visited Janské Lázně (photo 25), a small hydrothermal resort at the foot of the Krkonoše mountains. This place has a sentimental value for me since I worked here in 1967 digging trenches (see photo JL) for laying the new piping for the State-owned spa. Clients of this spa are not foreign tourists but Czech patients with post-polio conditions.

This time around I didn't want to stay at the Státní léčebné lázně (State-owned health spa) as it is more a hospital than a hotel and when you hire a room you are supposed to undergo a number of therapeutic treatments which I don't need. Instead I rented a studio at the 4-star Harmony Club Hotel (photo ) in the village of Špindlerův Mlýn in the Krkonoše National Park. Špindlerův Mlýn is a ski-resort and the Harmony Club is the highest hotel from where the ski-lifts depart, closest to the Polish border, at the foot of Sněžka (photo 31), the highest mountain in the Czech Republic.
The Harmony Club is a large modern hotel. I don't like large modern hotels but this was a choice of convenience. I don't regret having made it. Our studio actually were two identical, inter-communicating rooms (photo 32) with numbers 510 and 512. The rooms (photo 33) were ample, quiet, with wood-panelling and carpets in warm hues. They were fitted with comfortable twin queen'size beds, well-equipped bathrooms and all imaginable facilities. An automatic, strong, fast and free internet connection was available. Each of the rooms had a small balcony onlooking the start of the ski-lift (photo 34).

Our hotel regime was half-board. The buffet dinner was nothing out of the ordinary. The spa facilities were great. I suppose the knee-high hedge one has to jump over to go into the pool area is there in case a very, very, very fat guest plunges into the pool and triggers a minor tsunami. Breakfast was quite good. The staff was helpful and friendly, in particular the concierge. They appreciated my efforts to address them in Czech.

When the cashier handed me over next morning the bill for us three, not including drinks and including parking, adding to 3,540 CZK, I told her "s takovými cenami nebudete zbohatnout" (with such prices you won't get rich). To which she replied by showing me the winter season price list. I wished I'd kept my big mouth shut.

I must say I enjoyed more digging trenches, the delicious sausage and bread the Communists gave us, sleeping in a tent and climbing the Sněžka on foot in the 1960´s than relaxing in the whirlpool, eating all the delicacies I fancy, sleeping on a comfortable king-size bed (joined) and driving around in a sports car now, but then again the young see life in a lighter colour than the old.

My tip on this hotel is: for sight-seeing around the beautiful Czech Krkonoše and Polish Karkonosze mountain range, mountain-trekking, invigorating spa treatments , comfort and relax in spring, summer or fall the Špindlerův Mlýn Harmony Hotel is a bargain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family