“Hotel from famous czech movie” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Palace Club
and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Palace Club to your Saves list
Hotel Palace Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Okruzni 16, Spindleruv Mlyn, Krkonose National Park 543 51, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Spindleruv Mlyn
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Hotel from famous czech movie”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I visited this hotel with me girlfriend. Hotel was ok, however we got small room in corner without any view.
Reason was probably that we had this stay via discount voucher.
Food was ok only small trouble was that we been there at same time as group of German’s in retirement.
It was unpleasant because those people were fighting for each plate of food.
What I enjoyed was nice bar and good whiskey  Location was also good however you need to go there with car  I can’t imagine to carry there my bags from bus station.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have never written a negative review in my entire life. I really enjoy highlighting positive things and good services. I have been considering in the last several weeks whether to write my first purely negative review. After all, I decided to do so because I really would like to save potential guests of this hotel from experiencing a nightmare.

I feel the need to say that the only objective review of this hotel is the one of PeterD355. Everything he says is true. The location is not convenient to the slopes. The food is simply horrible and repulsive. The menu features dishes like spaghetti with ketchup and grated edam cheese. We actually left most of the food untouched and had our dinners in one the restaurants in the centre.

The staff was stressed, unpleasant, arrogant and aggressive. For example, when I knocked at the door of the bar, close to the kitchen, the bartender screamed on me that he was not a bellboy or doorkeeper??? When I complained about the two problems we had in our room (a loud music and a constant disturbing noise caused by non-functional central heating), the receptionist told me that I should go to a different hotel next time. She was unhelpful and patronising for now reasons I could understand. In short, all our complaints were unresolved. The children corner is a joke. It is not very clean and fenced. It includes mostly broken and dirty toys. The WIFI does not work in the room. The parking lot is so small that cars must be parked outside the parking lot or right in from the front door. The bar includes only 4 tables, which are always taken. There is room, called Vorel´s club, which is designated only for the owners and their friends. This is probably the only room where one gets the proper service and food... There are some great accommodation options in Špindlerův mlýn, but this one is simply unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hi,
as I write above we enjoy a lot!! Nice hotel with interesting history about one movie it was shooting here. Awesome stuff and food. Cozy rooms and great atmosphere at the hotel bar. Also we like the area around the hotel. We do not see any bear as in our country :) but beautiful nature.
We just love it!

Room Tip: Recommendation choose a room face to town-nice view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
OP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

First of all, don't get fooled by '150m to skibus' according to the hotel's website. There's no skibus anywhere near the hotel. The rooms are very nice, very spacious. The staff wasn't friendly nor helpful during our stay. All in all I would NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

It's a bit old hotel, but has its magic. The food was great, hotel staff very friendly and the location of the hotel also good.
I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

Stayed April 2012
Brno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Everytime, when i see this hotel, i remember on HOMOLKA a TOBOLKA movie. Hotel was reconstructed, but not so well. Hotel is Nice and clean, but they could spent much more money for reconstruction... Breakfast was OK, big buffet good food. Tables are relly big so you dont expect some privacy and propably you will be share table with other guests. Lunch is not so good, average is the right word. Hotel is on the top of the hill and has beautiful view, surroundings Spindleruv Mlyn is really nice in winter or summer.You can found many activites and sports. But i think that in spindleruv mlyn are many better hotels. This hotel is sleepy, dont expect some party or big bar, or other side some luxury and comfort, is stuck some in the middle.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I visited this Hotel last February with a friend and enjoyed it so much I returned there this year with my Husband for our Wedding Anniversary.

I have stayed here twice now and am a regular visitor to Spindleruv Mlyn on skiing trips and it is my favourite hotel, having tried a couple of others. It has everything you need, great facilities (two saunas and whirlpool, billiard), great staff, fantastic location... just maximum 10 mins walk to the skislopes, 5 mins from centrum of the town, great view!

Cannot fault a thing!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Palace Club? Share your experiences!