“Not bad!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Madrid, Spain
“Not bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

PR Chef, famos in Riga. Very high quality, but very expencive. Beautiful fud. Too much plastic dekor.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

It is a perfect gourmet experience with very fresh , tatsy and visually impressive food and wide variety of wine selections. Chef Martins Ritins feeds your soul as well . You will not pay a small amount of money but it worths to every cent you will pay...

Visited April 2013
London
“Michelin star quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a dinner in this restaurant and were impressed with the quality of the food and the presentation. The only thing we don't understand is why this restaurant has not received a Michelin star yet (and we have eaten in M* restaurants before).

The dinner started with amuse-bouche which were the same for my friend and me but served in a different way for each of us. We took starters of foie gras ravioli and wagyu beef carpaccio which were excellent. The ponzu sauce for the carpaccio was served in the pitcher plant placed on a bed of crushed ice. Between the starters and the main course, we were served "lollipops" - frozen yogurt with raspberry powder which was prepared on dry ice and shaped into lollipops on a lemon grass stick. For main course, we took grilled deep-sea scallops which were prepared to perfection. My friend loved the food so much that she had 2 desserts: Floating Island and Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb whereas I was happy with just one (Chocolate Symphony). The presentation was impeccable.

Unlike other reviewers, we did not find the food pretentious or overpriced. The quality of ingredients, the attention to detail and the beautiful presentation should be the norm for a top end restaurant like this. We found the price actually on the cheap side for this level - you would pay at least double that in London. The staff was attentive but not intrusive.

This dinner was a fantastic experience and we would go again. Definitely!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite meals anywhere in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I dined at Vincents with a friend in March 2013, and absolutely loved it. The food was spectacular - imaginative use of ingredients, perfectly cooked. The additional treats (amuse bouche, rhubarb frozen yoghurt made on dry ice, and the pre-dessert) were fabulous, and wonderfully theatrical. The head chef was very attentive, giving advice on dishes before we ordered, and our waiter was great. I am really surprised when I read that other diners were disappointed - I've been fortunate to eat at a lot of Michelin-starred restaurants (including some three stars), and I enjoyed my meal at Vincents just as much as the best of them. I would go back to Riga just to dine at Vincents.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London uk
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Regrettably, we were very disappointed with the quality of the food. The owner is more of a public relations than a chef, he was walking around the restaurant most of the time we were there, I wonder if he cooked at all that evening...

An overrated restaurant not worth the visit, located in a basement without natural light...

• Visited April 2012