“Good value. Clean and comfortable.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Riga VEF

You added Days Hotel Riga VEF to your Saves list
Days Hotel Riga VEF
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Brivibas 199c, Riga LV1039, Latvia (Formerly Europa City Riga Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #52 of 102 Hotels in Riga
London, United Kingdom
“Good value. Clean and comfortable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Days in Riga a number of times whilst travelling on business. It’s good value for money, no frills type of hotel but they do try to make it somewhat more pleasant than your average budget hotel. The rooms are clean and reasonably spacious. The bathrooms look a little tired but is perfectly acceptable. The staff that I have come in to contact have, on the whole, been polite and efficient if not the friendliest of hotel staff on earth. The restaurant is reasonable by Riga standards although on one occasion I did suffer poor service from staff who seemed offended that I had arrived 30 minutes before the kitchen closed. At one point the waiter refused to bring me another drink even though I was still waiting for my main course!
The location is a little out of town if you want to see the sites that Riga has to offer but public transport is fairly easy to negotiate in Riga.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
DaysHotelRigaVEF, General Manager at Days Hotel Riga VEF, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to our hotel!

Thank you for appreciating the cleanness, spaciousness of rooms and friendly staff.
I apologize for unpleasant situation in the restaurant. This situation doesn’t represent our customer service level, as we value and respect our guests. I can assure you that I will personally speak to our restaurant staff regarding your comments.

Again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and I am glad to hear that you find our hotel to be pleasant and comfortable for your business stays and hope to welcome you back soon!

Maris Bushs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed at the Days hotel in March.
Whilst it is value for money I was let down as a guest.

To begin, it is not in the most attractive part of town, ten minutes in a cab to the old town.

The rooms are presentable and well kept by the room maids, no wardrobe though, just a space to hang your clothes and a few shelves.

Facilities are very basic, free wifi is offered and appreciated, but the bar on the top floor only opens every week or so.
The restaurant is pleasant, but more like a cafe to be honest, breakfast is of a reasonable standard, but if you are a fan of an English type breakfast this isn't for you, the hot offerings are not good.
Evening meals are also served here, again a basic menu, but good cheap food.

My stay however was ruined when at the weekend the hotel allowed a childrens dance group to take over the building at the expense of other guests. Children as young as six were running up and down the corridors screaming and banging on doors until midnight with no supervision, and more important, no consideration for their safety.
They were playing in the lifts, even broke one, and running up and down the stairs.

This went on for three nights, I made numerous calls to reception, and even got out of bed twice to complain, I was told they "can't do anything"
At no time was I offered to move rooms etc. No contact at all from any manager, in fact there was no management presence during my whole stay.

I wont be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Valletta, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

If you are only looking for a place to sleep Days hotel works perfect but don’t expect any extras. The service is friendly and the rooms are reasonably clean and well kept. My room smelled funny and the water was yellow but I understood from colleagues that this was not the same in all rooms. Further, I arrived late and checked out early so I didn’t even bother to complain. The breakfast was ok but again no extras but I honestly don’t think you can ask for that at the rates they are charging.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed here for one night, really enjoyed it. Good quality for the money you pay, clean and spacious room, everything you need, free internet. Breakfast was really good, stuff was nice and welcoming. A little bit far from the city center, but you can easily access it by tram in 10 minutes. Highly recommend for the simple stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
DaysHotelRigaVEF, General Manager at Days Hotel Riga VEF, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write a review, we value your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Maris Buss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

The good:
The hotel has been recently renovated (used to be called -and still known by the locals as- Europa Hotel) so the facilities are brand new. The restaurant and the bar in particular are really attractive and look modern and inviting.

The service was great. The receptionists were always very kind and went out of their way to provide with local information.

The hotel is a few kilometers out of the old town centre but there is a trolley bus and a tram stop outside the hotel (tickets can be bought on board or at a kiosk also next to the hotel); tram 6 and all trolleybuses go to the centre in about 10-15 minutes.

The free Wi-Fi was a great bonus for us, enabling to publish those holiday snaps on Facebook almost in real time!

The not so good:
Public Transport finishes between midnight and 1am so after that the only way to get back to the hotel is by taxi and we got conned on our way from the airport whereas the taxi driver took us for a little joyride and charged us an extortionate amount of money so try and negotiate a ball figure before getting on one!!!

Room walls are very thin so if your neighbour is watching TV, you will be listening to it too!
Pillows are a bit on the thin side, but it might be the norm in north-east Europe... might be worth asking for an extra one at Reception.

We went for a day trip to Tallinn so we asked to have our breakfast packed to take away, and although they obliged, the content was a sorry looking sandwich, a salad (for breakfast!) a banana and an apple. No drinks or anything. A bit poor in our opinion.

The positives way outweigh the negatives though and the Reception staff really does its best to make sure customers are satisfied so I would definitely reccommend this hotel and stay again if the opportunity arose!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review we do value the feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return in the future.
The free Wifi is a gesture to our guests to allow the checking of emails etc and suits most people. A further option of free computer access in the Lobby is also available 24 hours a day including printing options. We offer a high bandwidth of Wifi offering a good connection and speed due to a recent installation of a high specification system.
You can find all information about Public Transport schedule in night time as well as in daytime Rigassatiksme.lv If next time you decide to take a taxi again the price for going from Old town to our hotel is around 7-10Eur
We have changed our pillows this month and now there is extra two in every room. Sorry about some noisy neighbors, hope next time everything will be more quiet! I have passed your complaint about packed early breakfast to the team to ensure that our service remains consistent.

Maris Buss
Belgrade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Even though the location is out of city centre, I must say I didn't mind at all, as there are buses and trams going to the old city just in front of the hotel. Excellent choice for people who prefer to pay less, but still to sleep in a nice hotel. Very clean, excellent service, colourfull rooms. Staff so helpful. We didn't have breakfast, as we chose to eat outside always, and breakfast is only EUR 6 per person. The hotel is very close to shopping mall, and it is on half way from the city centre to Ethographic museum.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

Complet satisfaction for its category, easily connected to the center

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Days Hotel Riga VEF? Share your experiences!