“Worth a Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 615 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: European, Latvian, Eastern European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant's name is not accidental at all - "Melna Bite" in Latvian means Black Bee. The bee is a labor of love, a symbol of wealth and prosperity, and not for nothing ancient Egyptian pharaohs granted the bee a royal status symbol. Among its hive sisters, the black bee stands out with unique and independent individuality. "Melna Bite" is restaurant with farmer's cuisine. The restaurant is decorated in the style of large living room with large windows, comfortable furniture, minimalist shapes, tasteful lamps and, of course, bees. They are everywhere here, but just enough to not be too much. Through the restaurant hall busy-as-a-bee waitresses are flying and creating a lively atmosphere. And most importantly, their good knowledge of the menu and ability to explain both the content and presentation is present whenever needed.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

During our stay in Riga we wanted to dine somewhere that served local cuisine and we weren't disappointed. Plenty of choice and I had difficulty deciding. When our food arrived I can only describe it as delicious and great value for money. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and one I will return to should I ever come back to Riga.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Olegs N, Manager at Melna Bite, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear 5Kerry5,
Thank you for your nice words about our restaurant, local cuisine and dishes served here. Your kind comment and recommendation are very appreciated.
We really looking froward to greeting you in the restaurant if you in Riga again.

Sincerely yours,
Melna Bite restaurant.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Riga, Latvia
“Enjoyed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This place is only about 2 month old, but I have been there twice. My first visit was with my girl-friends. Oh, we have tried half of the menu)) As the restaurant mail motto is local food, but one of my friend moved to live out of Latvia she misses local food. What an experience!! Everything SO delicious! The staff nice and friendly. The service in Riga's restaurants and cafes mostly is terrible, but in Melna Bite I was surprised that waiters care about you.
My second visit was with my other friends and I recommended the place. All of us (we were 6) ordered different meals and none was disappointed! The meat-perfect, salads-excelent, appetizers-delicious, vegetables-yamiii!!
Speaking about prices they are absolutely adequate. Good meals in the old town-the price is as in other old-town places!
Would recommend for visit!

Visited January 2014
Olegs N, Manager at Melna Bite, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Svetlana M.!
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your thoughts with other guests! We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you again in our restaurant and serving you the most delicious food in town :)

Sincerely yours,