“Very nice food in a 20's atmosphere.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brussels
“Very nice food in a 20's atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We went here for lunch. I had the homemade pasta with creamy mushroom sauce and cheese. My wife had a arugula salad with duck confit. The pasta came with salad on top. Probably a no-no for italians, but I found it to be a very nice combination. My wife was very satisfied with the salad, which was well balanced. Service is good and so is the coffee. Prices are very reasonable. The whole place breathes a mix & match 20's atmosphere, including the music. We can recommend.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cyprus
“Great decor but average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Nice and cosy place, inside and out. Although outside is tiny, uncomfortable and claustrophobic. The decor and ambience is great but the food was nothing special for the price.

La Grange, IL
“A perfect first night in Riga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We chose Mio as we were a bit tired from travels that day, it was on tripadvisor, and it was just a few minutes walk from our rental apartment. We were thrilled that we went. Our starters were a homemade fresh pasta and vegetable dish with arugula. My arugula salad with duck confit was delicious, it was enough to share, but I ate the whole thing. Not at all overdressed. Our mains were the incredibly tender, succulent, and moist calf cheek, possibly the best my husband ever had. I had the seared salmon trout on roasted vegetables, absolutely fresh and perfectly cooked med-rare. Portons are generous. It was the night of our 38th wedding anniversary and our waitress was kind enough to bring over 2 complimentary glasses of champagne. Vodka was cheap, and the wine by the glass very reasonable. It is pretty and comfortable inside, there is seating outside also. Service was very attentive and helpful, English was well spoken. A great value for this high quality food.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“I definitely recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I went there for just a dessert, and it was amazing - I definitely recommend Zefira kuku (a light like a cloud cake). The tea was also very good, and so were the service and the interior.

They have an interesting lunch and dinner menu, but I haven't tried that myself. Yet... Thinking of going there again.

Visited August 2014
“Best calf cheek ever! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Calf /veal cheek was AMAZING!! Deffinitely come back for that great piece of meat. Also duck was tasty and nicely done. Sauces were good also. Small minus because we needed to ask wine two times and starters took a long time to come.