“Simply the worst” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner
Union City, California
“Simply the worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We wanted to get some coffee and something sweet on a pretty slow Friday night. We ordered the New York Cheesecake and as my friend and I tasted it at the same time, we realized it was sour. Upon trying to return it to the kitchen, we were informed that the cake was made this morning thus it had to be fresh. We assumed it must have had lemon in it even though the description didn't mention any. The waitress told us it was our problem and she couldn't do anything about it. We asked to speak to the manager who told us that the cake was delivered in the morning so it had to be fresh. Hmm, so it wasn't made that morning? Interesting. We asked her to check the ingredients 'cause there had to be a reason it was sour (if it hadn't gone bad) and among them she named parmesan cheese. Really? In a Classic NY Cheesecake?! We asked to speak to the chef. That one busted out the frozen box to show that the cake was delivered from.... Gasp! New York! So it wasn't made this morning? It wasn't delivered this morning? Ok, third story must be the charm. The chef yelled at us to google ingredients and then while we are at it we can google her boss's contact info. She was definitely taking the while thing personally, but she didn't even make the cake, her sole job was to put the pre-cut one on the plate!

It escalated to an entire scene with people turning around and looking at us. I asked her if the 3 Lats were worth it but I forgot where I was, "customer service" is a loose term. Her quote: "hope you don't come here ever again, less problems for us."

I generally don't believe a customer is always right but the whole thing was quite unbelievable. I live in the US where while the customer may not always be liked but we are always respected. In the end, we were sad for all three ladies we dealt with. They had an opportunity to do some service recovery but unfortunately couldn't see how taking 3 Lats off the bill would give them a faithful customer instead of providing me with an experience I'll never forget.

Stay away from this place, that is unless you like your cake to travel on a transatlantic flight just to be unfrozen and go bad. And yes, I hope you like being yelled at too.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada - USA
“This location is better than others - DC Rainis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I ate at this location on a Thursday night. Restaurant was moderately busy but we were able to get a table and enjoy above average service. Our party ordered a large pizza, a beer, water, and a latte.

The restaurant was clean. Staff was attentive and checked on us more the typical service we experience in Riga in general. We went to the Double Coffee Manhattan location, sat for 10 minutes, and were not even given menus - so we went to another restaurant.

However, food was tasty and was very generous. We were pleased with the attentiveness of our waitress. The menu options were appealing, and we would return again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Latte & MORE in store.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This chain of Coffee Houses can be found ALL around RIGA.
The variety of Coffee's and drinks equals the more well known brands AND you can get a WIDE range of food in them - NOT just pastries. We always felt relaxed and welcome.

Visited February 2013