“Kayak Tour - So Much Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 43 Tours & Activities in Riga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours in Riga provides different tours in Riga. Daily Old Riga Free tour starts at 11 00 from St Peters church and lasts about 1,5 hours. We provide you with information about Riga and Latvia. Many sightseeing places and their history. Also: bicycle, kayak, segway, tram, sports and other tours available! Our main aim is for you to be happy, relaxed and informed at the end of it! See you in Riga!:)
Riga, Latvia
3 attraction reviews
“Kayak Tour - So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

As I am a local, not much surprises me in Riga, but I wanted to do some fun things with two friends who were visiting me from the United States. It was great! Not only was the tour fun, but I also found out historical things that I did not know about my own city. Toms is a fun, positive and very knowledgeable tour guide - the best in the city, I can assure you!
If you are tired of the same old - follow me, look at this, listen to me - type of tours, then this is a must!

Visited May 2013

“Old town tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Tom's knowledge on the history, folklore and architecture of old Riga was extremely impressive.
The weather was terrible so he took us to places where the talks could be done inside, not standing out in the freezing cold.
The tour ended with a shot of Latvian liquor and some free beers to be had in a restaurant.
Unlike most walking tours it wasn't crowded with people and didn't go on for ages!
Great 2hrs spent in Riga.
Thanks Tom.

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great tour- educational but not boring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

In March a friend and I luckily had a private tour on a Thursday by Toms. He was a great tour guide- a certified tour guide. He took us through the important buildings in the Old Town and also reviewed the history. He was easy to understand and answered questions, even questions we didn't even know we had. It was a cold day and the tour is designed so that you go inside just at the right moments. I particularly enjoyed that he read a plaque to us so that we could hear the language, he had personal stories to demonstrate linguistic aspects of Latvia, like information about the Latvian relationship and attitudes towards the Russian language. It was very interesting and at the end we got to try some Black Basalm!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great tour, great guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a great guided tour with Tom in March this year. He gave both a great overview of the city, the history and facts about the current life in Riga. Tom speaks English fluently, is very easy to be around, was able to adapt to everyones needs and there was no question he didn't have an answer for. He also advised us to go an ice hockey tournament (some kind of Baltic final) that night which is definitely also recommendable!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Relevant, interesting and with humor! And free!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Toms knows his stuff and makes it really interesting and fun to walk around Riga's streets. The length is perfect, even in the winter time, as you get inside a couple of times as well. I also learned a lot about Riga and Latvia in general.