“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 51 Riga B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We made a good choice with this clean place, convenient and well situated.
The only down side is ....the person... who took the reservation... was sleeping...and reserved the wrong room for our 6 days stay. We ask with share bathroom and they reserved ensuite at a high price.. They had no excuse and nothing for us for what we reserved ...2 months ago ...on phone. So we stayed 2 days and move to another guest house

Room Tip: Reserve on a web site...if you want to be granted with the right reservation
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

MultiLux is b&b located in the centre of Riga. Its location is NOT in the Old Town, you can either walk there approximately 15 minutes or take a tram, which is rather pricey (comparing to electronic tickets), if you buy one-way ticket in tram itself (approx. 1 EUR). Neigbourhood is very nice - adequately populous Krišjāņa Barona street with its calm, narrow side streets.
B&b is really cheap. I can assume it is one of the cheapest acceptable places in the centre of Riga. That's way it has not an elevator:) We lived on the 2d floor, so it wasn't a big deal, but someone lived on the 6th.
There goes the bad part. Initially we had booked a double room, instead of it we've got a twin room with two separate beds. The room itself was rather tight. They managed to correct their mistake the next day, and we removed to the big double room. What did I not like? It was far too cold there. We stayed there in the first half of May, but the weather betrayed us, and it was cold both in the street and in the hotel. There was not heater, and I had to sleep in my sweater. For me it was the one big minus. Internet speed also didn't live up to my expectations, sometimes there was not Internet at all.
The room itself was ok - clean, with adequate bathroom . Can't say anything about breakfast, 'cause we didn't succed in attending it.
In conclusion I can say that next time I'll try to book something more suitable and perhaps more expensive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Uba, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Clean hotel, they change towels every day. Amazing location - just 10 minutes to central railway station and to the center of Riga.
I would recommend this hotel for you if you're not going to spend lots of time sitting there, it's ok just to sleep and then to discover Riga all day long.
Building and all the furniture is rather old. No elevator. Poor WiFi signal - it wasn't available all the time in room. No coffee-machine in breakfast room - just cheap Nescafe. Water flow in shower not so reliable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Tbilisi, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Nice hotel, very good location , good service for a law price . The staff was very friendly, especially the girls with dark hair .
My room was in front of the kitchen and was feeling like at home . Booked a single , but had two beds in the room (thank you MultiLux) . Itself the room was very comfortable and quiet, only in the morning cleaners loved to drink coffee in the kitchen and as in the hotel everything is wooden you could hear their speaking. They changed towels every day and the bathroom was always very clean . Breakfast is great. If you want to get fat you should stay in this hotel and the lady who serves you in the kitchen is super, loved her the most .
When Come back sure will stay in this hotel again. I Loed It !

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I spent there two nights in july, came for a football match and get some suntan on the Jurmala beaches, chose this accomodation reading good reviews before and I must say it was a good decision.
Firstly I found the hotel well situated, aprrox. 15 minutes from The Old Town, in a quite busy area : many shops nearby, large supermarket on the other side of the street. Public transport opportunities are perfect, there go either buses and trams.
Secondly the room I got was large and in perfect condition , bathroom was spotlessly clean. As a drowback I can mention lack of the lift, also there is no air con, only a large fan was provided.
Stuff is doing a great job, receptionists were nice and helpful, especceally a tall girl with brown curly hair , informative and eager to help, cute as well.
I very liked the breakfast served in a large, very bright room , sunrays falling through the wide open windows and sound of waking up city - excellent. Not bad choice of food.
To sum up, clean and well run hotel close to the city center, very affordable as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Friend and I stayed here 2 nights. We were in Riga to see Kylie on her Aphrodite tour! This place was in a great location, just a short walk into the centre. It was absolutely freezing in February but the heating in the room was perfect and always had hot showers. There are lots of cafes and places to eat around, and buses and taxis to the centre if you want. Friendly staff who gave us some good tips about the area. Nice budget hotel for a city break, would recommend!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Moscow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at Multilux Hotel in Nov 2011 just for one night. I arrived in Riga late in the evening and needed a place to sleep because in the morning I wanted to go to Jurmala. I booked a SGL room for 14 LVL (19 Eur). The hotel was easy to find. It is located not in the heart of the old town but about 15...20 mins fast walk or 3 or 4 tram stops. It took about 20 mins to get to the hotel from Riga Coach Station on legs. Just in case, Riga Coach Station and Riga Railway Station are 500 meters from each other only.

The hotel is located in the old building with no elevator. Some of the rooms are on the 6th floor. The reception is on the second floor. You have signs inside the building how to get there. When I checked in, a girl behind the reception desk offered me upgrade. I was the only one and she offered me a DBL room with 2 twin beds because on my floor, where I booked the room, a noisy company had a party. Of course, I agreed because I wanted to sleep. Many thanks to her!!

The room was on the second floor. It was rather big, en-suite, with minimal old furniture.

Pros:
- price for living;
- location for those who can walk fast or want to catch a tram (I repeat - this is not the heart of the old town);
- very friendly and useful receptionists (24 hrs) - really nice young girls with maps, adds and advices :) ;
- really good breakfast included in the room price with good hams, omlettes, eggs and many more - really good!!

Cons:
- noise - you hear absolutely everything from the neighbor rooms (even if somebody whispers, somebody's TV simply kills!!!) or from the street (no sound isolation);
- strong smell from toilet/bath - never have the door there opened, if you don't want to have this smell in your room.
- no elevator (not a problem for me).

Resume:
If I need a place to stay in Riga for one night, I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to MultiLux? Share your experiences!