“Comfort in the "Old Town-area"” 4 of 5 stars

Radi un Draugi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marstalu iela 1 / 3, Riga 1050, Latvia   |
Ranked #11 of 102 Hotels in Riga
Skjern, Denmark
“Comfort in the "Old Town-area"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Looking for a base when exploring the wonderfull culture-town og Riga?
Radi un Draugi gives you value for money. Nice rooms with up-to-date bathrooms. A fine breakfast-buffet and a always helpful staf.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had one night at this hotel, and I was disappointed that we didn't have more. It was very comfortable, affordable, and located right in the old town area. Lots of good bars and restaurants nearby. Nevertheless, it was also very quiet, even though there was a lot of partying going on outside. I really enjoyed the shower, as it was a sort of "all body" affair with lights and music and everything. Very unique. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in the Old Town. The staff is always helpful and pleasant. It is clean and well maintained. We were here end of February-beginning of March. Temperature in rooms was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights in Feb.

Location: I can say it's a convenient location but I'm not so sure if it's a good location. I usually prefer to stay in old town (if the city has one) and not too far away from bus or train station, but Riga old town has so many bars and pubs with music playing loud outside, I must say that is not exactly (or exactly not) why I want to stay in old town. Even during the relative low season in winter, you can occasionally bump into half-drunk people, and loud noise everywhere.

But the good thing is, it's just a short walk from bus station, or to major sights of the old town (but then Riga old town is not big).

The building: I have heard that they have renovated the building, but *probably* just part of it. Olive green is their choice of color, and IMO that color is not easy to use. The bar on the 2nd floor (close in winter and I walked there in the dark) and the HE restaurant looks good but the corridors to the rooms looks a bit disappointing... they look very different.

Reception: Overall friendly and polite, no problem communicating in English. No complains.

Room: Not bad, space is ok but not arranged efficiently. One little complain is lack of available power plug around the desk. Decoration is not to my taste but it's ok. My room was facing a tea house and a bar (quite a lot of bars on the street), and was a bit noisy, although the windows do provides good insulation to sound. They do provide ear plug, though I didn't use. Sometimes a little rain or snow ruining the party outside helps...

Bathroom: Shower tub only, but good and clean (and new too). Enough said.

Breakfast: Great, this is probably the best part. Breakfast is in the HE restaurant and is very good. Good environment, good variety of choices (hot and cold food), food is good, and good services from the 2 waitress too. I like the restaurant and had a good dinner there too (you will see different staffs at night).

Overall, if you really want to stay within the old city, this one is good for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Essaouira, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Smack in the middle of town with lots of restaurants and nightlife all around. We had a room on the street side of the building but slept like babies thanks to a genius double window system. Very friendly reception staff. Couldn't do enough for us. Good breakfast and again great staff (thank you Aksana from Belarus, you are the best !) and good restaurant at night (thank you, Dimitrijs from Russia, we will always remember your happy face). Stay here if you can !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

That's what it means - Radi un Draugi. My wife and I spent 2 nights here in November and we were fully satisfied with the quality of our room and the hotel as a whole. On arriving we found a coffetable with two comfortable chairs, a water boiler and complementary tea and coffee waiting for us in our room. Being somewhat exhausted from the journey, this was ideal. On my online booking form I had asked for a balcony ( we belong to the almost extinct group of smokers), and the room HAD a balcony. The staff was very serviceminded and friendly and they willingly gave us plenty of good advice. In the morning we enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet that the hotel's restaurant HE's offered. For all this we paid a total of appr. 115 EURO, which in my opinion was a bargain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radi un Draugi? Share your experiences!