“superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Riga
Stockholm, Sweden
“superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was in Riga for the first time and it was unforgetable. Hotel Bergs was offering whatever I could dream of. Friendly and smiling stuff, wonderful rooms, breakfast was amazing and atmosphere of the place is just superb. I will recommend it to all of my friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Bergs for 5 nights in October of 2012. To say we absolutely loved it would be an understatement! Everything was perfect, beginning with the airport pick-up by a private car and driver arranged by the hotel. I would strongly recommend this service and the pricing is competitive with local taxi service. The Reception Staff was extremely welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them. We took advantage of the special offer the hotel published on their website, which included breakfast each day, one lunch, and a room upgrade. The decor in our Suite was exquisite...very modern. Housekeeping did an excellent job; both of our rooms and the large bathroom were immaculate. Breakfast each morning was simply amazing! One could not ask for better food or a more attentive wait staff. One morning, when I had overslept, my husband went down to eat just before breakfast ended and the wait staff insisted on preparing a tray and bringing it up for me. Of special note was the exceptional private car and driver that the Hotel arranged for us for our day trip to Liepaja. Didzis was with us for ten hours and helped us explore the back roads into Liepaja as well as the Baltic Sea Coast. During our stay in Riga, we looked at several of the other highly rated hotels and we both agreed that we would select Hotel Bergs as the overwhelming favorite!

Room Tip: Upgrade to one of the larger suites.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Good beds, good breakfast, good location. We ordered massage for 2 people at 11.00 am, but when we came for the treatment, they had only one bed. That they could have told us when we ordered. We were 8, and reserved a table in the hotels restaurant the day after, but when we arrived, they had no reservation. BUT, they gave us their libraryroom, and offered a really good dinner which were not on the menu. So we were very satisfied after all. The service we got, was terrific. Walking distance from shops, opera etc. Pillowmenu.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just perfect. Nice and attentive staff. Clean, quite, nice beds, large rooms. Good food. Best of all is maybe the location, a little back from main street in the Bergs Bazar area. If in Riga, stay here. A small advice to the hotel staff, turndown service should be high on your list when you consider what to do to improve your guests experience in your hotel.

Room Tip: All ok it seems.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
firenze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Interesting location near, but not inside, the city center.
Not a big hotel, with strange mix of familiar & professional feeling.
Quite expensive, but rooms are really nice and clean and the service is at the top.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend the 2 floors rooms: they have special atmosphear!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a very nice, modern hotel, in a cool building, situated in its own courtyard of nice shops and restaurants. It is a little bit outside of the Old Riga area, but a 5 five minute walk through a beautiful park gets you right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Old Riga. There are also some nice things in the neighborhood where the Bergs is--good restaurants, good shopping, and I would highly recommend ESPA Riga--the best spa experience I have ever had.

The rooms at the Bergs were very nice--quite modern, as one would expect. They were also pretty spacious, with 2 french door-style windows that provided nice light and air. Room service food was excellent, but a bit on the expensive side, as one would expect.

Friendly people at the front desk. I speak a little Latvian, and unfortunately the conversation reverted to English a little too quickly. I'm sure it was courtesy on their part, but I would have liked to practice my Latvian a bit more, as I was able to at other hotels. Another slight annoyance--why so many Russian channels on the TV? Perhaps 3 English channels, 5 Latvian channels, and like 20 Russian channels--I found this mildly offensive to have more Russian channels than Latvian channels. But I am oversensitive about such things, having family that suffered from the Soviet occupation.

My own personal issues aside---don't hesitate to stay at the Bergs. It's a first-class hotel, and a good value by European standards. Riga is a beautiful and fun city, and Hotel Bergs is a nice oasis in which to rest from the travels.

(As a final note, I would also recommend comparing this hotel to Hotel Neiburgs, which is in a slightly better location, and is a slightly better value for the money. But you can't go wrong with either of them.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here for three nights with my girlfriend and I have to say that this is the best hotel I've ever been to. A newly renovated hotel with every offer you can imagine (e.g. it's own pillow-menu to its guests to ensure the best comfort, bodyguard-service, massage, etc.).

Good value for money in my opinion! I would recommend everyone to go here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bergs? Share your experiences!