“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Riga
milton keynes
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Gamster and I stayed here for 3 nights in April as a long birthday treat weekend.
Its a lovely hotel in a great location, very central for all attractions yet not on a busy street full of bars etc.
Nice reception area with a water feature, helpful staff on hand to book taxis - recommend places and even offer an umbrella when needed.

The rooms are very spacious and the unusual shape of the building creates vast open hallways which feel more like you're going into your own apartment rather than a hotel.
Comfy beds with a choice of pillows, tea/coffee facilities and a nice big bathroom. Oddly the bathroom had 2 showers - its nice to have a choice I guess or perhaps if you wanted an early morning "shower race" this would be ideal. Instead of taking it in turns and timing each other it can be a flat out drag race full of tension!

No outside noise which is nice and we had a nice view across the park area.
Breakfast is served downstairs in the restaurant and there was a fine selection of hot and cold foods to be enjoyed in a peaceful glass pyramid. We didnt eat any other meals in there but it is quite nice we heard.

There is also a bar area and cigar lounge - all very pleasant.

Overall I would recommend the hotel and stay again if visiting Riga for sure. The hotel even when full has a very calm and not busy feel to it - very nice

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having looked at the other Radisson hotels on arrival in Riga, this was the best, we thought. Modern, clean and comfortable. Easy reach of old town, and just 15 minutes taxi ride from the airport. If you ask the hotel, they will book you a taxi for 12 Euros to get you back from the airport. On arrival, we took the Baltic Express Airport Shuttle, which cost us 5 Euros each and dropped us right at the door of the hotel. Breakfast was pretty good but not exceptional for Radisson standards. We didn't eat in the restaurant but bar service was good and staff helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dokka, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I choose Ridzene Hotel because I got a very good price. If I was going for 5 star luxus, I woul choose one of the other 5 star hotels in Riga.

It is a good hotel, but it is not a true 5 star hotel. I would rate it as a good 4 star.

I lived in Riga for 7 years, and know the city well. Therefor I would say that the location of this hotel is great. It is a short walk both to old town, and to the silent center where you find the good restaurants in Riga.

Internet was good, and the breakfast was very good. Nice selection, and a wonderful cheese selection!

Will I stay at Ridzene again? Yes, but only if I get a very good deal.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

My work has taken me around the world to many different countries over the years and I have stayed at many different hotels. All of them were nice and accomodating but yet they all have missed that "something" which I felt could have made them better. My work required me to travel to Latvia for the first time ever and I was booked to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Ridzene. I will make this very simple. The Radisson Blu Hotel Ridzene, the staff, the accomodations and the service were nothing less than PERFECT!!!!!!! The hotel was perfectly suited for me and my colleagues stay. The staff were incredibly friendly, professional and courteous. This staff in my opinion knows what true Customer Service is about. The hotel in located right near the town center and there are some great sights to see! To be honest it was very difficult for me to leave. I didn't leave just leave a hotel and its staff behind. After a brief 6 days this hotel felt more like a home and the staff, whose names I will mention in a seperate thank you letter to the hotel itself, became family to me. My sincere thanks to the Radisson Blu Hotel Ridzene and its staff for making my trip to Latvia nothing less than perfect!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
JanisValodze, General Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Darrell,
It is really fantastic to read such a great review and to be honest, I have to say it is one the most positive and touching review I have ever read. Beside all the hardware you enjoyed a lot, I am incredibly proud of my team! As well to make it simple, I happy to see that we have done something right! Our core value is to make every guest feel welcome and like at home, because on our opinion this the most important when somebody is away from home. As I see you made already friends with our employees and this is the best could happen. Many thanks as well for your thanks letter which we received and distributed to our employees.

After such a review, no doubt we are looking forward see you soon back with us, if not on business purpose, that for definitely on leisure. As you noted there are still many things to see and explore, so this requires for sure separate visit during which we all will happy to be at your disposal!

Greetings from all the staff members and as many are still remembering you and we all look forward to welcome you soon back with us.

Best regards from Riga,
Janis Valodze

Ostersund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Guaranteed the best hotel in town. Service is of high quality and with a restaurant that delivers the same high quality. The staff is friendly and very helpful.
I have stayed here both as an individual and in the job, and once with my dog.
Ridzene is located perfectly between downtown and Old Town and nestled between two of the city's many parks.

It can't go wrong at Ridzene !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Johan H.

Thank you for choosing our hotel on all your trips to Riga and it is a great prove that Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel suites all types of travellers, doesn’t matter business or leisure. Same time massive thanks for such a positive words, specially towards our staff members, what they are truly deserving.

Best regards from Riga and look forward to welcome you soon back with us,

Janis Valodze

Been to Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel? Share your experiences!