“Enjoyable nights in Ridzene” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #10 of 104 hotels in Riga
Tuusula, Finland
“Enjoyable nights in Ridzene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Newest Radisson in Riga. Near by old town and just between two parks. Clean and nice room. We stayed in hotel two nights. Our flight arrived 0830 from Helsinki. By green AirBaltic taxi we were in hotel c. 0930. Fixed taxi fee 10€. Idea was to leave our bags in hotels safety room. Big surprise, polite receptionist advised, that our room was ready for us. No additional charge.

Excellent location by means of go for walk in old town... Or even go for Riga Marathon, like I did. Start area is located 1 km South from hotel. The new shopping center, as well as Stockman and open market are in walking distance. If you want to go for other shopping centers, public transportation is convenient. 24 hours tickets are available. Bus stop near by hotel.

Breakfast was rich and taste. Although same meals were served in both mornings, there were enough possibilities to change the menu. Fast cleaning of tables.

Polite and helpful receptionist also, when we left. We left wit good feeling, because of his natural smile. It was really pleasure to give some Lats tip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JanisValodze, Operations Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Kari K

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time in order to give us so positive feedback about your experiences in our hotel. As you correctly pointed out we have probably the best located hotel in the city and for sure super friendly and service minded staff are our biggest and most valuable asset. We are putting big effort every day to create unforgettable experiences for our guests and that’s why it is always great pleasure to read that your associates did exactly the right thing and gain one more loyal customer for the hotel.
I am more than sure that you will choose our services for your future stays in Riga and I look forward to welcome you back latest for the next Riga Marathon!

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have spent 3 days in Ridzene Hotel. The location is excellent, its between the main parks of Riga and the old town is just a few minutes away. I risk that this is the best situated Radisson hotel in the town and its much smaller than the other two, thus its more convenient if you don't like crowd. Rooms are well equipped but rather smaller than we expected.

Two negative things: on the very first night there were a wedding party in the restaurant and music was so loud that we heard it even on the 3rd floor! It was like if we were also participating on the party. I called the reception and they said that they would make them quieter. Of course, it was impossible. Than I went down personally which was effective because we got a new room on the other side of the hotel and a welcome drink in the bar. I can't image what would have happened if the hotel had been full...

The other is the scrambled egg at breakfast. I don't know the Latvian kitchen but that scrambled egg was not what one would expect in case of continental breakfast. Beside that the food was delicious.

All in all, after receiving a new room everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Low numbered rooms like X01, X02... (where x denotes the number of the floor) are quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Satc0,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your valuable feedback.

I am happy to hear that generally you enjoyed your stay with us and I am appreciated about your positive feedback on perfect hotel location which is absolutely true. Please accept my apologies regarding the noise during the late evening and that our associates did not react right away in order to relocate you to the quite room already after the first note. I want to ensure you that the quality of our Supper Breakfast is one of the most important things for us and we are working hard on daily base to keep up the standard and improve it constantly, so thank you very much for the remark on it, as we will definitely take it into the consideration.
I really do hope that these slight inconveniencies will not determine you from using our service in future and I look forward to welcome you back soon again.

Greetings to Budapest,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Localisation of Hotel is good, maybe bit noisy as one of busy Riga's street goes beside.
Nice place as two parks are very close.
Unfortunately staff could be helpfulless if you would look not enough "appropriate".

• Stayed May 2013
Tallinn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a business meeting in the hotel for the 2 days and spend night at the hotel. Rooms are very clean and cozy. Beds are soft enough and comfortable with wide selection of pillows. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is very close to the old town.
Confernece service was organaized smoothly and all run without single problems.
As the check-out is at noon, I went few minutes before that to my room to take the things and to do check out, but key-card was already disabled. Room was on the 5th floor, so I had to go to reception on the 1st floor to activate the key. I couldn´t understand what was the point to disable the keys before the check out time.
We also had lunch and dinner in the hotel resturant "Piramida", and unfortunately food there was a pretty big disaster. Business lunch menu is the same for the all week with very limited items. Although the food looks great at plate, it tastes awful. The duck was tough as a shoe sole, the pannacotta was just an ice-cream, salmon tartrar looked and tastes on both days complitely different, the halibut tasted like cod (i think it actually was a cod and not halibut). In 5 star hotel such a restaurant experience was pretty big dissapointment and for sure will not have any business events in that hotel in the future if the they cant improve the quality of the kitchen.

Room Tip: Get the room on the 5th floor to the river side and you have nice view to the old town
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JanisValodze, Operations Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Raiq,

Thank for being our guest and for taking your time on so detailed feedback.
I am really pleased that generally you enjoyed you stay with us and rated so
high the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as the location.
Straight forward I want to apologize for all the inconveniences you experience during you stay and
give feedback on each of it.
I am sorry to read that you were locked out of your room and I want to ensure you that we do not disable any room keys before the original check out time. The keys are expiring automatically at noon, but sometimes there could be minor deviations on the timers between the system and locks.
It is really pity that the meals provided by our restaurant did not fit to your taste, what is usually
not the case, specially as since last October kitchen has been managed by Michelin star restaurant experienced executive chef. Just to follow up on points were noticed, we are definitely not cheating our clients and not selling the cod as halibut, as we even not purchasing it. I am sorry if the duck was too tough and regarding the salmon tartar, it might be slightly different, as long it is not bad, because it has been prepared by different chefs and as we are not a mass production fast catering, every chef is putting a part of his soul in the dish.

Even you were not happy with our restaurant services this time , I truly hope that you will give us another chance and this case will not influence our further cooperation.

Best regards from Riga and I look forward to welcoming you soon back.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed for one night in this centrally located, very clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. The reception personnel were some of the most welcoming I have experienced in many trips - it does make a difference! Breakfast was unrushed and a good selection. A friendly bar in the evening.

Room Tip: My room (406) was a bit on the small size but adequate for 1 person. I would check on range of room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JanisValodze, Operations Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear 466,

Greetings to Cambridge!!!
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post the comments as well. I am really appreciated about your positive and precise feedback about our hotel, as this is exactly how we want to be perceived. We all are really happy that you enjoyed the time with us and we all would love to make it happen again. So we look forward to welcome you soon back for another nice stay!

Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. The location is very easy walking distance to old town. The room I had was very spacious and comfortable. Everyone spoke English and were very accommodating to any questions and needs. Really nice place and great location. Certainly plan to stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JanisValodze, Operations Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear SK,

Thank you for the short, crisp and positive review with pointing out some of our strengths
as best location, nice rooms and professional and service minded staff. It was great pleasure
to host you in our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you soon back again for another great stay.

Best regards from your service team in Riga,

Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

There are few truly hopeless hotels but this is one of them. Do not be fooled by the five star sign at the entrance door. At best this a badly managed three-star property. Dowdy, faded, and characterless bedrooms and public areas are complemented by indifferent service delivered by untrained staff. On arriving at 10.30pm, there was no person on the door (a five star hotel) and the receptionist was asleep but did wake-up to check me in. Luggage was sent to the wrong room by a lone and exhausted bell-hop. Duvets are synthetic and of poor quality. Pillows are just satifactory. The gym is miniscule and under-equipped. Breakfast offers a good quantity of stale food. If I were the general manager of this hotel, I would be ashamed of myself for presiding over so much avoidable mediocrity where a lack of basic care is so evident. Yet Riga does have great hotels, so do not, let this doss-house cloud your view of a lovely city. Try the Hotel Bergs, for example; it is excellent and in the same price range.

Room Tip: Nobody would stay at this establishment out of choice but if you have endure a night here then a bus...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear JHMH 1959,

Thank you for staying with us and for your honest feedback.

For me as the person who is running this hotel, for sure it is not very pleasant to read such a reviews. But this is part of business and we will take in consideration all the mentioned aspects in order to improve our product and services even more. Please accept my apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, starting the wrong luggage delivery and the synthetic duvets in the end, which will be exchanged to the feather-down ones next month. Even we did not fulfill your expectations and this was not the best hotel stay in your life, I want to ensure your that we are working hard every day in order to deliver best to our customers and luckily this is reflected in other reviews as well. Furthermore I still hope you will give us a second chance on some sunny day and we will be able to welcome you back in order to prove our service qualities.

Operations Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel? Share your experiences!