A friend and I spent two nights at the hotel as part of a larger trip through the Baltic countries. We primarily chose the hotel based on price and location. Here's a summary of our stay:
- good location easily walkable from old-town, but a bit removed from the noise
- nice views of the old and new parts of the city
- clean room with relatively comfortable beds
- free Wi-Fi internet worked well throughout the hotel, including the room
- good breakfast selection included in room rate
- room was small with little space to move around
- lobby had very little sitting areas and was always packed with huge tour groups
- AC in the room did not work very well, and the staff was apathetic about this
- lots of noise from rooms above, as well as from the hallway
- staff at the front desk were generally unhelpful. For example, the ATM in the lobby ate my credit card and the staff was totally unhelpful and non-empathetic. The response was simply to "call your bank, there's nothing we can do".
- charge to access the top-floor lounge, even for hotel guests
In general, this was an average stay in a hotel that was nice enough for a few days and in a good location, but with no special "extras" that made the stay particularly memorable. The service was nothing special and the hotel was always packed with large tour groups (it's clear that this is the market they are catering for). I would consider the hotel again if the price was right but probably would not go out of my way to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija, Riga. Offering the most impressive views over both the Old Town and central Riga, this hotel is famous for its lively atmosphere and wealth of entertainment options including the trendy and stylish Skyline bar with its fabulous city views from the 26th floor and the brand new and conceptually unique ESPA Riga spa facilities. 571 comfortable guestrooms including 197 Standard Class, 332 Superior Class, 38 Business Class rooms, 3 Suites and one luxurious Presidential Suite. Many rooms with charming views of the Old Town. The Esplanade restaurant offering one of the best International cuisine buffets in Riga, alongside its a la carte menu. Urban and trendy Skyline Bar with the best view in the city and D’vine Bar offering tasty tapas and wide selection of wines. ESPA Rīga - an exclusive five star spa facility with luxurious interior design. Modern and multifunctional Conference & Event center featuring 15 rooms including largest meeting room Omega with maximum seating capacity of 1100 delegates. 24 hr casino and Latvija Shopping Arcade. Underground parking (for additional fee). Free WiFi - free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reval Hotel Riga
- Reval Hotel Latvija