“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Riga, Latvia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Love this place! We are meeting with friends here & always all is great! Service & food is one of the best in Riga! You must try!

• Turkish first
Riga, Latvia
“positively surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went to the restaurant in October for a business dinner with a colleague. The place was almost full, but we have been served astoundingly quickly - starters within max ten minutes after placing orders. My American colleague who has seen a share of restaurants all over the world, said it was the best Ceaser salad she has tasted in years. Entire menu (not very long, but having everyting from fish soupt to salmon and beef represented generously) looked tempting; we had beed wellington and salsa salmo with greens. It was delicious and fast served and priced about 25% less than I expected from place of such range. Do book a table if you plan to come, their fame is spreading. I would certainly return with my husband to taste those deserts we did not have place to accommodate any more.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Riga
“Absolutely great price performance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My hometown restaurant which is my favorite since I went there in 2011. I have been there 5 times now and never was disappointed. I am rather picky and always find something what is not as good but honestly Riviera always meets my expectations.
I am tartar lover and not many Latvian restaurants offer that and if offer I wouldnt trust every to order tartar. But there is very good tartar. I also love their see food plate and meats plate.
And portions are rather big. Its not one of those fancy places where you pay big money and get small but extraordinary decorated plate. Desserts are not so big but for my taste just perfect size desserts.
Service is excellent; nothing to add. Design very nice and cosy.
And yes, it is better to book the table; since it has always been pretty full when I was there.

• Visited December 2012
RIga
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I took a variety of home made ice cream and Caesar salad with shrimps.
Everything was excellent, atmosphere is just marvelous and I am surprised with super service!
It's quit easy to relax in Riviera.
I enjoyed it much.

• Visited November 2012
Varna, Bulgaria
“Pleasantly surprised!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Visited "Riviera" twice,and both times was completely satisfied!First time,me and my husband,we went there with no reservation.Our fault! It was Tuesday evening,but with no free table.However,the staff was so kindly,they made their best for finding a free table for us.While we were waiting in the bar,they suggested us a tea and a coffee.The dinner was perfect!We ordered a bottle of white wine from Tuscany.For the starter I chose the green salad with a chicken liver+blue cheese+pear and raspberry sauce,my husband - creme soup made of shrimps.Ummmm....... I still remember this taste!For the second,me-the breast of duck with mashed green peas,my husband-the veal tenderloin with the mashed potatoes and sauce of mushrooms.Yummy yummy!Yes,that's true that we were waiting for 40 minutes our second dishes.But!That's "the price" for getting the freshly made food.Portions are big.That's why we were full and couldn't try their desserts.About the staff-veryy attentive and professional staff.For a bottle of wine,two starters and two seconds we paid 45 lats (about 65 euro).I believe it's a very reasonable price for getting such a perfect professional service.
In a couple of days (making the reservation before) we invited my family to this lovely restaurant.We enjoyed our meal again.Everything was on the top!
I do recommend "Riviera"! When I come to Riga next year,I'll visit them with no any doubt!

• Visited November 2012