“Good place for tourists to ask for directions, etc” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #273 of 613 Restaurants in Riga
Riga, Latvia
“Good place for tourists to ask for directions, etc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Usually I prefer other Costa Coffee locations because this one has a lot of tourists although it is less touristy than the one in the Old Town. However, I have gone here a few times and I noticed many tourists came in and asked for directions and the staff were very helpful, helping them to find things on their map, etc. Also when I couldn't eat all my cake, the woman there was nice enough to ask me if I wanted a box to take it to go. However, the guy there is not so friendly as when I was speaking Russian to him, he insisted on speaking English to me. But actually that is a common issue in Latvia and not really specific to Costa Coffee.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Stavanger, Norway
“Costa Coffee the cafe in Raina bulvàris street”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Looking for a good cup of coffee, I went to Costa coffee in ... street in Riga - ordered a double latte and a cake and went to sit down. Was unlucky and come across a band that rose from a partition - with the result that coffee cup tipped over and spilled to the floor. Fortunately, no people or furniture was contaminated. Of course I was very sorry - it's not often I make such mistakes! Perhaps the staff at Costa has never experienced an unfortunate guest before? The two women were directly unfriendly, no one offered me a new cup of coffee - or at least offer to buy a new one. It was the coffee I went there for! While the irritated cleaned up my mess - I pushed myself to sit down to eat up my bought cake. Have never felt so bad and not wanted anywhere. Costa, which I visited many places in Europe - but never again in Riga. Although this was only one of several cafes. For me the solution was to drink coffee on Double coffee instead! Maybe Costa chain should tell his staff that most people do not intentionally spill the coffee they just bought. Maybe the ladies at work were tired, maybe they had served more hopeless people before me, it can be so many reasons ... To me that just wanted a nice little coffee break was the discomfort so much that I have written about it.

• Visited December 2011