“Great restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 568 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Aleks Restaurant opened in February 2011 and is located in one of the buildings with a hundred years old history. Cozy furnishing, personal approach and sincere Latvian hospitality will amuse any time of year.Chefs of the restaurant Aleks created an extraordinary menu. The combination of rustic interior, as well as elements of traditional and modern kitchen, creates unmemorable moments of solitude that can distract you from the big city rush and transfer into a world where you can enjoy the dishes from high quality Latvian products. Wine list geography will surprise with its variety and quality every refined client.
Taichung, Taiwan
“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I like this restaurant.the service is nice and food is great. Although the soup is a little salty for me ,I will still recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Recommended.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The restaurant is attached to the Justus Hotel and serves a very nice breakfast. I also went for dinner. I had the starter of peach carpaccio with parma ham and raspberry sauce. It was a variation on th fruit-with-parma-ham theme that was inventive without being goofy. I really enjoyed it. For the main course I had the roasted duck breast on a bed of snow-peas. The peas had a chestnut sauce and were perfectly cooked. The duck had a cherry sauce that was very nice, but the duck itself was over-cooked. The atmosphere and service were boh good. Recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Riga, Latvia
“lovely interior”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We liked the interior design. It was executed in 30s style and supplemented with different antique Latvian household articles. Personnel was friendly, but a bit overloaded as it was a holiday. About the food we have different impressions. My husband liked the pork, it was juicy and low-fat with redcurrant sauce. I had a grilled turkey garnished with grilled zucchini, but I didn't like it at all, I think the meat was not fresh or maybe even tainted, I couldn't eat it. Zucchini wasn't much. Dishes were well decorated with different sauces and thyme. Prices are fair, Riga average.
If I didn't have trouble with turkey, I would love this place.

Here is a website of the restaurant:

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
tenerife
“Very nice food in a nice setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had the business lunch here, it was very good. We tried the two salads on the menu to start, good size and very flavoursome. We then had the pork with minted potatoes, it was the best pork I have tasted. The complimentary bread and butter was nice and fresh too. With wine (2 glasses each), the bill came to just over 20ls, so it was also good value. We would have eaten here again but there were so many other places we wanted to try. The staff were also very friendly and efficient.

Haemeenlinna, Finland
“Good food, a bit bland.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've had heard a lot of good reviews about this place, so we tried Aleks for dinner. My seafood pasta was perfectly cooked and creamy, but I had to add loads of pepper & salt. My boyfriend ordered pork, which was surprisingly not so fatty as elsewhere in Riga. The meat was tender and soft, but again very bland. There was some sauce with it, but it didn't save as much as it could have. The mint potatoes were interesting.

As for dessert I had a cheesecake. Tasty, but sadly it tasted very not-made-by-hand. The sweet pesto was interesting and went well with cake.

Service was quick, efficient and friendly :)

• Visited August 2012