“Riga Tasting Tour” 3 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Riga Tasting Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My rating is more 3.5, but not enough for 4! The guide was brilliant and really lovely, but I didn´t think it was worth what I had spent on it. We did try some local foods and a couple of drinks, and the guide was great at explaining the details of each thing we tried. I was expecting places that were booked and expecting us, but it appeared to be more adhoc! We tried things at the market that were free, and she bought bread, hemp butter and gerkins which we tried as we walked. Ok, but for £50, I expect more. Soup at a restaurant was good, but she told me the place was not typical Latvian! One place was great where we had peas and beer - just a snack though!! I appreciated the company and once again, the guide was lovely, but I think the tour should not cost that much.

Visited August 2012

Asheville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It will really show you Riga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

There were two different walking tour that were offered and I took them both. The guides were fantastic and really knew Riga. It was interesting to see Riga and the tour guides helped me feel as if I were a part of this beautiful city. After taking these tours I felt comfortable enough to go exploring on my own and never got lost. Even though I didn't know Latvian, I felt as if I were a local on these tours and the guides were so friendly and accommodating that it felt as if I were among friends. I highly recommend these tours to anyone who want to know their way around Riga or want a taste of Latvia.

Visited July 2012