The location of this hotel was not in the center of the action, but a 5-10 minute walk. In my opinion, it was worth the walk to have a quiet room. I would recommend it to others who want a peaceful night's sleep. Something to note, you have to walk past a section of abandoned and construction sites on the 1.5 blocks leading up to the hotel. We never felt unsafe because it was light out quite late and there were many other people around.
(1) Quiet room.
(2) Decent breakfast buffet: meats, cheeses, cereals, pancakes, eggs, potatoes
(3) Booked online to get free access to gym and a welcome treat of two dark chocolate bars and a mini bottle of cheap champagne.
(1) Room-controlled A/C never really worked, it was probably about 78 degrees (F) in the room. Fine for the day but quite warm (for those of us who like it cold) at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wellton Old Riga Palace Hotel - chic and elegant. Since 2009 Wellton Old Riga Palace 4 star hotel has been serving business travellers and tourists. Hotel's 6-story Art Deco building offers 100 elegantly decorated and comfortable rooms to the guests that are perfect for leisure and business as well, and has a capacity of hosting 200 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Wellton Old Riga Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Riga Palace Hotel Riga