“great service at a great price.” 5 of 5 stars

Elijas Street 7, Riga, Latvia
Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 635 Restaurants in Riga
London, United Kingdom
“great service at a great price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

great service from all staff, huge clean rooms with comfortable double bed. bathroom with power-shower. good heating, good breakfast with large choice..

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“FRAUDULENT use of my credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hanza Hotel fraudulently charged my debit card over $700 on NOvember 24th 2013, and claims I authorized this use. I did not. I was told by booking.com that I was "holding" a reservation while I worked out whether I would need those dates at their hotel. I have written several emails to them trying to rectify this issue, and they still refuse to refund my money, though they were not authorized to use charge my card.

This is BAD business practice. I am a frequent traveller and I have never been so poorly treated by a hotel chain. Be careful - DO NOT book at this hotel!

Visited December 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed in Hanza for 2 nights, we had a great time! The hotel is just 8 minutes from old town, 4 minute from bus station and train station, very well located!
The rooms are big and clean!!! The bathroom was great, clean and updated. Staff is really helpfull, very good breakfast!

I love it!

Orlando, FL
“Good selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We don't usually eat at hotel restaurants, but ended up eating several meals here due to the quality, selection, and value of the menu choices. In fact, our meals at the Hanza Hotel's restaurant were some of our better meals in Riga!

Visited July 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Oh dear, very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Called the "Hanza Pub", it is in the basement of the hotel with a terrace in the street outside the hotel. It is decorated with nets and sails hanging from the ceiling.
Having read the reviews of others we were really looking forward to our meal.We arrived shortly before 7pm and, after being ignored by the 2 bar staff who were busy chatting (yes chatting because we could hear their conversation) we selected our own table and I obtained menus from the staff station. At this stage the restaurant contained a stag party (at final drinks stage), a couple eating desert and four elderly gentlemen eating their main course.
Eventually a waitress came to take the order. My wife asked for a grape juiceand was asked "Do we do that?" We indicated it on the menu and were told "OK then"
Some 45 minutes later our main course arrive (we skipped a starter).
It looked very good (artistic nouveau cuisine) with a duck breast on a thin layer of spinach and water cress beside a thin tracing of pureed carrot and four 1.5cm boiled potatoes.
Didn't take long to eat and the waitress whipped the plates away, five minutes later we were brought a desert menu, another five minutes and we were asked what we would like.
Two more couples arrived and the waitress went to deal with them. It took15 minutes for our tiramasu to be delivered.
As we left a party of seven arrived - heaven help them if they had other plans fot the evening
There was little evidence of planning "front of house", no evidence of urgency in the kitchenor restaurant. Food good, customer service criminal.too much chat not enough action.
One visit was enough,not going back

• Visited June 2013