“A very good budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Dodo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jersikas 1, Riga LV1003, Latvia   |
Ranked #40 of 102 Hotels in Riga
Stockholm, Sweden
“A very good budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I will say a very good budget hotel not that far from the old city of Riga. It is always on my preferred list of hotels whenever I am travelling to Riga. Nice clean rooms with good room service and very pleasing and accomodating staff. A big shopping mall with lot of good restaurants are only 200 to 300 meters away. The service to have free internet around the clock also is a good compliment.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

We arrived at the dodo hotel on the 9th sept the rooms were ok nothing special but what i exspected.
We had no clean towels in our room and they were not changed throughout our stay.
I went to reception to ask for clean ones and was marched to my room by a ver rude security guard to check the towels.His response was u have towels and walked off very very rude security guard that worked sat 11th sept.
Later on that night we were waiting in reception my friend bought a packet of peanuts and dropped them i kicked them back to him,The very rude security guard marched upto me asking if i thought this was funny and that i would not think this was funny when he rang secret service on me and that this was my last chance.
Iwork in the hotel and catering bussiness running 2 successful university bars i would not tollerate this sort of behavoir in my outlets.
I think this is something that the dodo hotel needs to address as i would not recomend this hotel to anybody after my stay..

• Stayed September 2010
Gloucester, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I've just returned from a 3 night stay at the Dodo, which we thoroughly enjoyed. It's a bit out of town to walk, but the tram stop is right outside the hotel, cheap, and very regular. Hotel itself was very clean, and the rooms were nice and modern. Staff were brilliant and always friendly :-) Didnt try the breakfast but it was nice being able to get drinks from reception. Only downside would be that our room was a bit noisy in the morning with the passing traffic / breakfast goers but not enough to put me off staying again. Not much in the surrounding neighbourhood but a 5 minute tram journey and you're in Riga Old Town, which is lovely. Would definitely recommend for the price we paid :-)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Braine-Le-Comte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

My family and I spent two nights at the DoDo Hotel not far from the center of Riga, Lativia.
The DoDo is a considered a low cost facility. If you are from the states, think Holiday Inn Express. We had a family suite for 49 Euros which is a room with a double and a bunk bed, small bathroom with shower. The facility was clean throughout. The beds were comfortable, and we would have slept better if their had not been a heat wave moving through during our stay. We had a room facing the interior courtyard which gave us very little privacy since our curtains were open, as were the windows for air circulation. The facility was surprisingly quite for what seemed to be a fully occupied facility. Breakfast can be purchased seperately for 5 Euros per person; buffet style. My son loved the pancakes! Public transportation very easy on tram 7, a short walk from the front doors. Tickets can be purchased on the tram. Get off at the opera house for the city center. Their is a new multiplex theatre one stop before the opera house. On the corner next to the hotel is a small grocery store. The only downsize is the parking which is about two blocks away. It is monitored by an atttendat and cost 3 euros a day. The surrounding neighborhood is nothing too spectacular to look at, but I have been assured by the hotel staff that it's quite a safe area of Riga. The staff was very helpful and kind. I needed to adjust my flight reservation and there is a computer available and the staff will let you e-mail information to the hotel that you may need to print off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I travelled to Riga in a large stag group and was pleasantly suprised with the hotel. The staff are friendly, helpful, and speak excellent English. Rooms are basic but very comfortable. You won't get better value in Riga for what I would say is a 2-3* hotel. The location isn't great if you wish to explore Riga on foot (a good 20 minutes walk to the heart of the Old Town), but the tram stops right outside the hotel, and taxi's are reasonably priced (appox £5 to the Old Town). Be sure to use the taxi company recommended by the hotel, as we were ripped off by another company at the airport. A taxi fare from the airport to the hotel should be about £12, but we were charged double that. But all in all a great visit. If you are looking for a cheap hotel you won't find much better.

• Stayed July 2010
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I visited Riga the first time. I have only pleasant impressions about hotel Dodo.Polite and unobtrusive staff, comfortable room, quiet and cozy. And a very good price for room).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
St.Petersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The DODO hotel is situated not far from the city-center. You should take a tram to get there in 10 min. The place is calm and quiet. The hotel is new and modern. The hotel stuff is careful. Our room was not very big, but comfortable and clean. We advise You to have breacfast in the hotel, it's delicious.

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Dodo Hotel? Share your experiences!