“Average hotel for that price” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Juras St., 23/25, Jurmala LV 2015, Latvia   |
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Jurmala
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lausanne
“Average hotel for that price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This one of a few 5 star hotels in Jurmala, however in my opinion it is rather a 4 star hotel under European standards.

To start with the guard did not allow us to stop the car in front of the main entrance (apparently only taxis are allowed to go to the main door), so we had to carry our luggage from the parking ourselves, no one offered to help.

The check in was ok, however again no one offered to show us to our room or to take our luggage, luckily we only had one small suitcase, and this is taking into consideration that we were paying 350 euros plus per night for a suite.

The rooms are very good, quality of renovation is good, tv, free wifi, toilette amenities, all on the level of a 5 star hotel.

The lounge bar and the Italian restaurant are very good, both the service and the food, no comments here.

We did not go to the spa or fitness, so I cannot comment.

Another disappointment was on the day of the departure, we asked for a late check out, but the reception did not even allow us an extra hour, again not a 5 star service.

Overall the hotel is good, but not for the price they charge.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent an amazing weekend at Baltic Beach Hotel & Spa. The location is exceptional in front of a lovely beach. The Spa was amazing offering a great variety of treatments and installations. Rooms were recently renovated, spacious, very well designed, very clean and quite. Breakfast and dinner were more than satisfying and the a la carte restaurant was exceptional. Staff is polite and helpful. Hotel's facilities are very well designed and the atmosphere is luxurious and pleasant. Ideal for couples and families also.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Vejle, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In jurmala it doesn't get any better than at Baltic Beach Hotel.
I'v stayed here before but this time I was given a room in the recently renovated older part of the Hotel, and I must say they done well, with this renovation.
Please do not forget to visit the Spa and Sauna if you're staying at BBH, this is just so nice, and if you want to exercise, go for a run on the beach, or use the exellent equipped gym of the Hotel

Room Tip: If you can choose go for a room with view of the sea, as high up as possible
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the hotel for few days and we were amazed by the atmosphere in the hotel. The staff is very professional and helpful, ready to assist with anything with a smile. The room was just amazing - stylish, light and specious. The ladies from Housekeeping made sure our room was clean and tidy all the time. Restaurants are must try. We love a good food with good presentation and the outstanding service made the experience even better. At the SPA we felt pampered and we could be found at the relaxing areas very often. The best thing of all was the fact that hotel was placed right next to the beach and the view was just breath taking. We just can't ask for more and we will gladly turning back to this incredible place!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

jurmala is an amazing area, with culture, beaches, spa & great food. for the spa, food and beach is nothing better there than this hotel. it is always location, location, location, but this one has on top the gourmet food & service, and some thousands of spa areas (cannot recall how many thousands now, but was huuuge). normally for this offer you should be ready to pay much more, which made the stay even wiser. its an AAA+ deal. both hands up for it.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone dedicated to a professional service at Baltic Beach Hotel! All of them very polite, helpful and friendly.
This place offers a very fancy and stylish ambience, combined with a top location at the sandy beach and only 15 km away from the airport. My family and I, we visited Jurmala and the hotel for the first time in March and it was totally worth it.
Everything from the warm welcome and all information given at Reception to the end was such joy of our souls.We stayed 5 days and had two rooms perfectly overlooking the Baltic sea. The lovely ladies from Housekeeping were taking a very good care. It was clean,fresh and tidy all the time. Next point is our experience at their restaurants. When it comes to dining, I am a very picky person, but here they thrill you with variety. In addition, the Italian restaurant Il Sole and the Caviar club offer an excellent presentation and taste of the dishes and a pretty rich wine selection. Everything is wraped and served in a very professional way. Well, my tour keeps going with the SPA center and indoor pool area. My sister and me, we were totally amazed by its size and treatments, we loved the saunas and body massages.
Great job,Baltic Beach Hotel! My favourite place in Jurmala. I do recommend it and I would be back in Summer 2015!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I could share that Baltic Beach Hotel is one of the great hotels I have been to, where since from the very first step I felt very welcome! The staff at the reception were friendly,helpful and so professional with quick check-in and detailed explanation of hotel facilities and Riga's famous places. I can't forget our rooms with amazing view over the sea.My family and me were delighted with the comfortable ambience and rich menu selection of the Italian restaurant & Caviar club. The service team was very friendly and professional. There was a variety of absolutely fabulous dishes and the wine selection was rich enough too. My sister and me were amazed by the really big SPA they have and we were very happy with the pools, massages and different kinds of sauna there. The hotel is also on a very comfortable distance to the airport- only 15km away. I wish everyone could have such a nice vacation as my family and me had this March.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Baltic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!