“Clean, quiet, not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Tartu
Toronto, Canada
“Clean, quiet, not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in November. The hotel was clean, the reception friendly, and the breakfast great. The place was quite empty (not unrealistic for November in Estonia), but the place felt desolate and missing the spark of excitement. However, the location was excellent; you can walk from here to all points in the City Center, and Tartu is a great place to explore.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lisboa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel has a central location .An old fashioned hotel.Il looks we're back in the 70's.It looks a familiar hotel.
The rooms are quite basic,but nice and confortable.
Once again in breakfast room ,we're back in time..hehehee..I thought we were back at the time of Soviet Union.
Very expensive (95 euros) for the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zevenbergen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel is located in centre of town. At the reception a very friendly person to help you with the parking of your car.
The rooms are a little old fashion, but nice
The restaurant with a bar at the second floor is nice and the food for dinner as well at breakfast is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Draakon Hotel is located just in the heart of Tartu and everything is on walking distance. This is a lovely historic building but with modern facilities. The rooms are really comfortables and cleans. Our room was spacious, we had there all we needed during our stay. The only one small problem was the quality of WiFi connection in the room: it was rather very weak or even sometimes no working. The staff were helful and profesional. Good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Extremely poor & rude service - I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

I tried to book a room by internet, but I got no confirmation back. When I called the reception, I was treated rudely and told that they did not find my internet booking, but that my booking was confirmed on the phone. I emailed again in order to get a written confirmation - no reply. I called them again and they told me to send another booking email - no reply. When I called just 3 days before my scheduled arrival, they told me on the phone that nothing had been booked for me after which the lady at the reception hang up on me. Luckily I managed to find another hotel so that I could enjoy my first visit in the city. Terrible experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Tartu hotels

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Housed in a lovely old building right on the Raekoja Plats (Town Hall Square) Hotell Draakon has large, well appointed rooms with modern facilities. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is generous. A short walk from the university, Emajogi (Mother's River) - boat trips in summer, shops etc. it is great place to tour this ancient city and the surrounding Tartumaa county. In town visit the Pussirohukelder (gunpowder cellar), the Vilde, with its sculpture of Oscar Wilde & Eduard Vilde (now copied in Galway), the A Le Coq brewery and the Grey House (former KGB regional HQ). A drive to the Sibulatee (OnionRoad), home of the ethnic Russian Old Believers is a must.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a superior room (sauna included)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Proprietor the rudest I have encountered anywhere! Mine host appeared to be cursing as he brought in our luggage, half of which was carried by our coach driver! Our guide had a fall on the front steps one of which was broken. I saw mine hostess look at the guide who hobbled up. She turned to her , I assume, husband and smile!!! When I asked about the air conditioner I was gruffly told she would turn it on and would kill the mosquitoes which were many. Whilst our group was at dinner in said hotel she entered our room without our knowledge. On returning from dinner she was outside our room and in a most unpleasant voice told me to show her the mosquitoes, show her one mosquito! I asked re air conditioner and was told it was ok. There was no evidence of this. She then told me anyway it was 10 degrees outside!
The dinner we had in hotel restaurant was ok but breakfast very poor.
I would suggest Sybil and Basil leave 'Faulty Towers' forthwith and get as far away from people as possible!

Stayed May 2013

Been to Hotel Draakon? Share your experiences!