“Excellent cosy place for dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 568 Restaurants in Tallinn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Tallinn, Estonia
“Excellent cosy place for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I live in Tallinn and restaurant Elevant is one of my favorites for years already. Perhaps because of its atmosphere...The food is delicious, but the real reason why I love this place is because of the interior design.

Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cute outfits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

A restaurant in what I suppose was an apartment and now functions as a nice place for a meal. The interior isn't very Indian but the food is delicious with many variations and also quite affordable.

Helsinki, Finland
“Romantic in the summer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The best lay's fingers I've ever tasted! I've visited that restaurant 10 times and it never fails me. Summery evenings you can sit outside under Indian lamps and pillows. Staff is so nice and prices good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tallinn, Estonia
“Beautiful interior design and tasty meals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I went there for lunch with my collegues who visit the place often. I found it simply perfect! Beautiful interior design, the soft lights and the fireplace create a wonderful atmosphere. The restrooms are so clean and well decorated one could actually eat there lol!!!
The waitress was very welcoming, explained me all the dishes and was very kind throughout my whole staying.
Loved the place. Will come back for sure!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“The real thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was slightly apprehensive when my local firends suggested Elevant. Being Indian, I wasnt looking for an Indian and I thought there was no way, this be close to the real thing. I was pleasantly surprised.

We went there for lunch and shared a veg and non-veg Thali between 4. I guess that was the new part as you dont usually share a Thali but it was a decent size. Also, 24 euros for 2 is a bargain if you live in London or Helsinki.

The salty lassy wasnt great.

Great decor, solid wood, fire place and bossa nova. I suspect its busy in the evenings. They have a lounge area too.

• Visited January 2013