“Savoy Boutique Hotel, Tallinn” 5 of 5 stars

Savoy Boutique Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Suur-Karja 17 / 19 | Old Town, Tallinn 10148, Estonia   |
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Tallinn
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Savoy Boutique Hotel, Tallinn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good room with a comfortable bed, nice bathroom and toiletries and in an excellent location. The breakfast is also very good and so was the meal we had in the evening in the hotel. The service was very pleasant and prompt. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for the feedback!

The concrete but savvy comments are just what a fellow traveler would like to see when looking for a hotel in Tallinn and this is why you have been the most helpful for them as well as for us.

Until we meet again!

Edith Mihkelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel has the appearances of maybe the mamaison in Prague ,with a few more extras like personal greeting on arrival maybe sparling wine or orange
juice on offer , and a doorman / security available and it could be elevated to a much higher star hotel the rooms are good comfortable and we had no trouble with noise and we were right above entrance level on the street side,the fire in reception was welcome on cold days.
The staff were pleasant and helpful,liked the dressing gown in the rooms as there is never room in your bag for one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear minxypie,

Thank you for your comprehensive comments!

I am truly greatful for your kind post as well as the propositions to improve.
I hope we can meet again in the future so we can thank you in person.

With best regards,
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel didn`t get off to a good start as we had booked a transfer from the airport which they forgot to send and we had to wait an hour for one to arrive. Hotel itself was good, room comfortable and kept very clean by maid. Breakfast provided was perfectly adequate. It was very cold with lots of snow when we stayed, so the lovely fire in reception was much appreciated, and our room was warm. The taxi driver taking us back to the airport after our stay was three quarters of an hour early and not at all helpful, so he didn`t get a tip! Took the usual bus tour, which proceeded as if the roads were clear and dry on a summers day, but they are obviously used to the conditions. We were amused that flights were delayed on the way back due to a skittering of snow at Luton and Stanstead!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Mimsar,

Thank you for the kind words as well as the critique!
It will most certainly be helpful for us in the future. I am truly sorry your transfeer was delayed and this is something we are trying to improve daily - the transfeer system.
Be sure that your kind comments about the maids' work will be noted and handed over to our hardworking staff. This is the most pleasing thing for a hotel staff: to hear the guests' were happy with our performance.

Hopefully we will meet in the future as well!

With kind regards,
Sandvika, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The rooms were very nice. Not big but just what you need. Clean, comfy beds and really nice bathrooms. Unfortunately the breakfast really let this place down. The eggs did not have any of the attributes that you want in eggs - dry, compact and grey. The rest of the buffet was also uninspired. They offer "champagne" for breakfast but it was so bad they would be better off not serving that at all! We would definately come back to this hotell, but would book it without breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bingopajamas,

Thank you for your feedback!
I like that you were honest about it and still managed to see the positive side of your visit.
I can only assure you that our restaurant staff has a very high standard and I truly believe that the next time you decide to visit us, it will be a pleasurable breakfast for you as well.

Until we meet again!

Best regards,
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Fabulous hotel, good size rooms there were four of us in two separate rooms one of the room had a nice balcony, there were bath robes and slippers nice added touch, was in a great location for exploring the city,staff are friendly and helpful,we did not eat in the restaurant but we did eat in the nice cosy bar were the food was great would recommend it, over all this is without a doubt one of the best hotel I have staying in!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Becky,

Thank you for your kind words!
I am delighted to hear that your stay here at Savoy was so pleasant.
This is what makes us put in the extra effort to our daily job - it is worth to give a 110% if we can make your vacation here at Tallinn memorable.

I hope the next time you decide to visit Tallinn you remember that you are always welcome to stay with us. Be sure we will try our best not to disappoint you.

Best of luck,
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I’ve been travelling a lot across Europe for the last 17 years. This is THE BEST hotel I have ever stayed in. In all respects! I stayed there for NY 2012. While outside is cold and snowy, it is VERY welcoming, warm and light. It has its unique atmosphere of a building in the OLD TALLINN, I believe they are proud of the architectural and design background of the building constructed in, I guess, the 19th century, but I did not go into much detail. We were given a room in the highest (6th) floor (there are only 4 rooms on this floor).
This was the QUIETEST room I have ever stayed it.
I slept there as I had done only as a child.
You get to your room in the old-fashioned wooden cabin of a modern lift. Each floor has a electronic door to be opened only with the room cards of the guests who stay in this floor – to avoid strangers in the corridors – and that’s good.
The problem was that the charge of our room card was always lost – either due to the frost outside or due to the proximity of the cell phone in my bag) – so whenever we reached our floor and wished to enter it, the card failed us and we needed to go down to the reception to recharge it. That was the only disadvantage and nuisance I experienced in this hotel.
Besides being quite, the room was comfortable, beautifully furnished, very clean, warm , but not hot – which it important in winter, with comfortable beds, with very good large and well-equipped bathroom, with wide-long windows having wooden blinds offering the greatest view over the tiled roofs, church domes and weathercocks of the Old Town!!!!
We were given a room upon arrival at 8 am, though the official check-in time is much later. The breakfast in the MEKK restaurant is great – large variety, all very tasty- all I could wish for breakfast.
Never dined in the MEKK restaurant, so can’t say – but I guess, the dinners are good and solid there as well.
The Town Hall square is maximum 5 minutes walk from the hotel, which is VERY convenient.
So, the hotel satisfies all the requirements we usually have – it looks beautiful from outside and inside, - I forgot to mention the great and cozy hall near the reception with a real old-style fire-place and comfortable arm-chairs and sofas; the hotel gives you a real quite rest at night , tasty and nourishing breakfast in the morning, quick way to all the sights and the atmosphere of the Old Tallinn.
I really recommend this hotel to all who travel to Tallinn. You may find something 20 Euro/a room per night cheaper – but believe me, you will have some sorts of inconveniences on place that will make you wish you had spent more but chose the true 5star-level Savoy and really enjoyed it 200%.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Pisets,

These comments make me feel like I have been given an early Christmas present. Thank you very much for making such an effort to share your kind thoughts with tripadvisor community!

I am absolutely excited to hear that your stay here was as perfect as you wrote. When I read your feedback it felt like you were describing my dream of the emotions we will one day manage to give to our guest. Thanks to this comment I now know that this is actually possible.

I truly hope to meet you some day to thank you personally. Maybe over dinner at MEKK.

Kind regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Good size rooms, slippers and robes, very convenient location for wandering in the city, very pleasant staff, clean, great bar for drinks before heading out for the evening, oh and champagne and smoked salmon for breakfast!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda,

Thank you very much for your utterly positive feedback!
I am very glad to hear that your stay here at Savoy Boutique Hotel was pleasant.
I hope the next time you come we can meet your expectations and improve to become even better hosts.

Until we meet again I wish you the best!

Edith Mihkelson

Been to Savoy Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!