“Good location, good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

L'Ermitage Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Toompuiestee 19, Tallinn 10137 , Estonia   |
Ranked #21 of 84 hotels in Tallinn
london
“Good location, good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is a few minutes walk from the castle and 15 minutes walk from the historical center.
Rooms are nice, big enough and clean.
I desegree with people who wrote that the hotel is noisy. I think it is very quite.
For breakfast it is better no to wait last minute because the selection is less, otherwise they prepare a very tasty fruit salad.
The hotel offer a sauna option but I think that even with special offers the price was too high.
The only disappointing part was the restaurant: very very small portions and no vegetables available. Well, this is what the waitress told us in her very poor English.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
ruudje67
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We found this hotel as one of the best rated in Tallinn. Located just outside the old town it's only a 10 minute walk away from the main attractions. Best deal is the dinner, 15EUR per person for a (real) main course and yummy dessert is hard to beat, especially compared to any restaurant in Old Town. Very sweet reception (thanks Eliis, you rock) and very charming. Too bad our room was next to the courtyard - new construction between 10 AM and 6 PM... however we were out most of the day anyway.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room in the back of the hotel - Toompuiestee is a busy street with a bus stop a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Almere, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed a night with my wife and my younger son (6 month old). We enjoyed staying in this hotel. Staff were overall friendly and available to answer our numerous questions/request.
Room are clean, modern and operational.
Breakfast is good enough. The restaurant offer also very decent dinner at a very good price (about 30 euro for 2 course menu for 2 people).

So yes, defintely a good adress in Tallinn. I will stay there again if I come to Tallinn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here when visiting family in Tallinn, its well located and is close to all the sights the rooms are decent and upkeep was to a high standard. The only down side was that all the tv channels are russian, where one would expect to see at least a english language news channel and the breakfast was uninspiring, but for the overall room price we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property as there is a busy road at the front.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was absolutelly perfect.
The rooms were very confortable, quiet, clean; the staff was very kind and spoken english and russian as well; there was no problems with our booking; the hotel is near the "old city", so we did everything walking, no need for cabs, buses.
The breakfast was great too, a lot of options; there was free Wi-fi.
Perfect!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Metz, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really good value for money.
The room was clean.
I enjoy my business trip for 2 days and this hotel was good.
The hotel was a bit far from the center, but taxi was easy to catch.
I enjoyed my stay in the city and the staff was friendly to tell me where I should go.

I recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfiend and I stayed at L'Ermitage for two nights before last Christmas. Hotel was smaller than I'd expected, but worked for this kind of short stay quite nicely. Room was standard sized, clean and quite modern. I found the bed very comfortable, which is important since I have some back problems. My girlfriend said she smelled cigarette smoke in the room, but I didn't notice it. I've never smoked and can usually spot the smell really easily so I would not consider this an issue.

Breakfast was reasonably versatile and plentiful, and everyone fitted in the smallish dining area. The small fireplace and comfy couches at the lobby were a big plus as it was freezing outside. :)

I would've otherwise given the hotel 4/5, but the blunt customer service at the front desk drops it to 3/5. That said, I would stay in L'Ermitage again due to its good value vs. price ratio.

Room Tip: There's a busy road in front of the hotel, so rooms facing the inner ward are probably more quie...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Ermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!