“Nice small hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in Tallinn
Metz, France
“Nice small hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really good value for money.
The room was clean.
I enjoy my business trip for 2 days and this hotel was good.
The hotel was a bit far from the center, but taxi was easy to catch.
I enjoyed my stay in the city and the staff was friendly to tell me where I should go.

I recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfiend and I stayed at L'Ermitage for two nights before last Christmas. Hotel was smaller than I'd expected, but worked for this kind of short stay quite nicely. Room was standard sized, clean and quite modern. I found the bed very comfortable, which is important since I have some back problems. My girlfriend said she smelled cigarette smoke in the room, but I didn't notice it. I've never smoked and can usually spot the smell really easily so I would not consider this an issue.

Breakfast was reasonably versatile and plentiful, and everyone fitted in the smallish dining area. The small fireplace and comfy couches at the lobby were a big plus as it was freezing outside. :)

I would've otherwise given the hotel 4/5, but the blunt customer service at the front desk drops it to 3/5. That said, I would stay in L'Ermitage again due to its good value vs. price ratio.

Room Tip: There's a busy road in front of the hotel, so rooms facing the inner ward are probably more quie...
Hartlepool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our room was quiet, clean and the staff were friendly,
I would definitely stay here again if i was in Tallinn.
We ate at the hotel for one night and is was very nice albeit a bit pricey. The breakfast was very good and would be recommended.
The only downside is that it is a good 20/25 minute walk from any attractions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in many hotels and know how difficult to find a good one.I stayed here in December.I got lost after the bus came to the center and was so glad to get finally to the hotel.I have o say that I had long relation with it before coming as I had to change my reservation couple of times.They were kindly enough to return me one night amount which I loose because of Estonian Air.Very well!Fo me it means that they care about their name more than one night.And if I ever return here,I stay in this hotel.The atmosphere and interior are very good!Bed with alpaca wool blanket is just something you dream when it's -17 outside.+100 for warm floor!Breakfast was ok.Nothing special,but just ok.I wish I could try sauna but didn't have time.Location is perfect for me.I would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have just arrived home after our visit to L'Ermitage Hotel. We had a wonderful time at this hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was really nice, breakfast was good with a wide choice and catered for all. The bed was the best I have slept in (other than my own) soooo comfortable that you really don't want to get up, but you just have to as Tallinn has so much to see and do especially at this time of year. It was made all the more special as it was a surprise birthday present and we had snow, lots of snow.

Vilnius, Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Cosy hotel situated next to the historical old town. Just a 5 minute walk uphill and you're there!
The room was modern, clean and tidy. I have no complaints. However the bathroom should be a bit upgraded: really slow flushing system and there are no proper shower curtains, so after taking a shower there's water everywhere...
However, slept really well in a comfy bed. Thank you.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Really liked the hotel. Paid 50 eur/night. Nice design of the room, comfortable bed ( but take you pillow if you are a sensitive sleeper) small but new bathroom.
The breakfast at the morning from 7-11 am with limited choice of food but ok.
The hotel is situated next to the old city and just 8 min walking from the center. Yes, it's not very central but cheaper and cute.
From the airport you can take the taxi from the line ( you can choose any you like but avoid the yellow-most expensive) Tulika taxi cost me 7 eur to the hotel at night.
Small tip to eat at Lido self-service restaurant that is in the 1st floor at Solaris shopping center. Very cheap and yammy! Open until 22h.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to L'Ermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!